Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Join our mission to help every physician be more productive and provide better care for their patients. As medicine’s largest network in the United States, there’s an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. We don’t take that responsibility lightly and are committed to building diverse teams with an inclusive culture that can make a direct impact on the healthcare system.
One of Doximity’s core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don’t check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people who bring their own unique experiences to work everyday and make us all better for it!
One of our core pillars have always been data. As a software engineer focused on the infrastructure aspect of our data stack you will work on improving healthcare by advancing our data capabilities, best practices and systems.
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
Our data teams schedule over 1000 Python pipelines and over 350 Spark pipelines every 24 hours, resulting in over 5000 data processing tasks each day. Additionally, our data endeavors leverage datasets ranging in size from a few hundred rows to a few hundred billion rows. The Doximity data teams rely heavily on Python3, Airflow, Spark, MySQL, and Snowflake. To support this large undertaking, the data infrastructure team uses AWS, Terraform, and Docker to manage a high-performing and horizontally scalable data stack. The data infrastructure team is responsible for enabling and empowering the data analysts, machine learning engineers, and data engineers at Doximity. We provide and evolve a foundation on which to build, and ensure that incidental complexities melt into our abstractions. Doximity has worked as a distributed team for a long time; pre-pandemic, Doximity was already about 65% distributed.
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Here’s How You Will Make an Impact
As a data infrastructure engineer you will work with the rest of the data infrastructure team to design, architect, implement, and support data infrastructure, systems, and processes impacting all other data teams at Doximity. You will solidify our CI/CD pipelines, reduce production impacting issues and improve monitoring and logging. You will support and train data analysts, machine learning engineers, and data engineers on new or improved data infrastructure systems and processes. A key responsibility is to encourage data best-practices through code by continuing the development of our internal data frameworks and libraries. Also, it is your responsibility to identify and address performance, scaling, or resource issues before they impact our product. You will spearhead, plan, and carry out the implementation of solutions while self-managing your time and focus.
- You have professional data engineering or operations experience with a focus on data infrastructure
- You are fluent in Python and SQL, and feel at home in a remote Linux server session
- You have operational experience supporting data stacks through tools like Terraform, Docker, and continuous integration through tools like CircleCI
- You are foremost an engineer, making you passionate about high code quality, automated testing, and engineering best practices
- You have the ability to self-manage, prioritize, and deliver functional solutions
- You possess advanced knowledge of Linux, Git, and AWS (EMR, IAM, VPC, ECS, S3, RDS Aurora, Route53) in a multi-account environment
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, generous paternity and maternity leave, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page