Who We Are:
Cimpress Technology develops cutting-edge, best-in-world software that our mass customization businesses use to create personalized products for over 17 million global customers. Our Mass Customization Platform is comprised of modular, multi-tenant services. Our businesses can choose the solutions that work for them, or assemble any custom combination they need. This makes it easier and faster to do things like introduce new products, reach customers and track orders. And this kind of innovation keeps customers coming back. Just last year, Cimpress generated $2.88B in revenue through customized print products, signage, apparel, packaging and more.
We encourage our engineers to think like an owner â€“ to continue to act small as we grow. Every team defines their own roadmaps, and uses the programming languages and technologies that suit them best. This helps us have a big impact at the enterprise level while still feeling small and nimble.
As a software engineer on Content Technology, you will work as part of a small team at the center of what makes Cimpress unique: our graphic design content. Engineers within Content Technology design and develop products that enable graphic designers at Cimpress to create beautiful and flexible designs as well as manage the complexity of a design catalog containing millions of design assets. These designs are the starting point for our customers to create a wide range of personalized products for themselves and their businesses. We strive to lead the market in tools that make high-quality design accessible to non-professionals.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to the design and development of software for Content Technology.
- Write code in our modern stack: C# + .NET Core on the back-end and React.js + Typescript on the front-end.
- Work with Product Managers and engineers on the technical design of new features.
- Review code, build and run automated tests, deliver documentation, and do anything else you deem vital to deliver high quality, maintainable, robust code.
- Work in an environment where agile and iterative software development practices are embraced.
At Cimpress, we value the experiences that individual team members add to our culture. Please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications, we look forward to learning more about you!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English.
- Strong collaborative mindset with teammates and stakeholders.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about software engineering and learning in general.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering field, or equivalent work experience in relevant technical domain
- Fluency of at least one object-oriented programming language
Nice to Have:
- College-level courses in the fundamentals of computer science: data structures and algorithms, computer languages, operating systems, etc.
- Experience writing back-end microservices and database programming.
- Experience writing front-end software in React, Typescript, and Node.js.
- Experience writing back-end software in C#.
- Experience writing software hosted in the cloud. AWS a plus.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Being at Cimpress means that you don’t see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey â€“ and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what’s next, we’re always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we’re capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
In 2020, Cimpress adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers them to be their best. Cimpress also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it’s safe to do so and when in-person collaboration will deliver the best results. Currently, we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 30 US States as well as several countries in Europe, including Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.