Title: Software Engineer
Location: United States
Who We Are
SPINS is the leading provider of retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting for the Natural, Organic and Specialty Products Industry. We transform raw data into intelligent and actionable business solutions that enable consumers to pursue wellness. At SPINS, we believe data is important, but our people are the real differentiator. That’s why we maintain a culture that is focused on collaboration, flexibility, and open communication.
What You Will Do
SPINS is seeking a problem-solving Software Engineer to help us build and scale mission-critical applications and continue driving innovation. As a Software Engineer, you will be an integral team member responsible for designing, building, and shaping the future platform of acquiring, processing, enhancing, and delivering data to our customers. From ingestion to ETL, big data storage, ultra-efficient APIs, and web and mobile interfaces, the opportunity for you to provide your technical expertise while learning new technologies is endless.
- Work in a no-nonsense team environment, a place where failing fast and code refactoring are not just spoken words but accepted everyday practices.
- Write clean, testable code not documentation.
- Immerse yourself in exciting and complex technical and data challenges.
- Iterate frequently in order to bring immediate value to internal and external customers.
- Expand your knowledge by rotating teams and projects or maintain your focus in order to grow your area of expertise whatever you prefer.
What You Will NOT Do
- Go to many unnecessary meetings
What You Bring
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field (or work equivalent).
- Knowledge in some of the following areas or related technologies and concepts:
- Java, Python, React, and Node.js
- RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Relational, NoSQL, and Graph databases
- Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes
- CI/CD frameworks
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members. Whether you are based at our Chicago headquarters or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- We embrace hybrid and remote work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and team SPINS Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.