Title: Software Developer
Location: United States
Job Type: Full-time
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understands and applies engineering delivery practices to create robust, predictable, and fit-to-purpose solutions that solve enterprise and market needs
- Accelerates delivery time to market through agility, design & coding best practices code reuse, automation, and quality culture
- Maintain competency in the programming languages most relevant and appropriate to role and problem space (e.g., Java, Spark, Scala, Angular, React, Python, R, SQL, .NET)
- Build and continuously evolve a body of current and upcoming technical domain knowledge relevant to role, problem space, and the enterprise (e.g., service architectures, containerization, IAM, public and hybrid cloud engineering, ETL, modern data platforms)
- Drives operational efficiency and manageability through use of DevOps practices (end-to-end ownership, everything-as-code, instrumentation)
- Develop and sustain a mentality of life-long learning through ongoing investigation and investment in new coding, technical and operational skills, and knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or High School Diploma/GED with 3+ years of web development experience using ASP.Net (C#)
- 2+ years of database design, SQL, and stored development experience
- Proven experience participating in team software development projects
- Must have a designated workspace and access to install secure high-speed internet via cable/DSL in home
- 2+ years of SDLC experience, Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Deploying/Scheduling SSIS Packages in CI/CD (Azure DevOps) Environment
- Healthcare industry experience
- Extremely detail orientated with focus on quality/quality assurance
- Ability to respond quickly to new instructions, situations, methods, and procedures
- Ability to manage competing demands on time
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.