Employer: Zebra Technologies
At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge – helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before. A community of builders, doers and problem solvers, we each play an outstanding role – crafting new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and participate with Companies on the front line of business.
Zebra’s SaaS business is new and growing and with that we are seeking someone to assess the design of our Cloud services environment from end to end. Also in this role, you will identify challenge areas and recommend reliability improvements. The ideal candidate will have a background in Coud and SaaS technologies (ideally monitoring) opposed to developing Cloud solutions.
This position may be remote in U.S. or Canada but will not be performed in Colorado. \
Works as part of a design team, provides all design assurance deliverables required in the development process at each phase with minimum level of coaching, including:
- Evaluation of Software deployment aspects for Software Solutions and SaaS Cloud networking environments.
- Advising design engineering on the best practices for Software services health monitoring.
- Recommending design of internal test methods for Software deployment methodologies.
- Reviewing procedures for achieving required levels of Software product reliability in customer environments.
- Developing Field Readiness Review Checklist for SaaS world class deployment capability.
- Providing feedback from the SaaS deployment process to engineering with recommendations on design requirements for deployment.
- Recommending Methodologies for improving configuration issues. Woring with team on automation and AI of the SaaS configuration process.
- Providing feedback in the development of improved design for managed services
- Consulting in determining the reliability of Software system level functioning and performance to achieve targeted Service Level Operation for company, customer and any governmental agency reliability objectives
- Using Software tools and defect predictive means to assess reliability of Software.
- Consulting in the creation and analysis of deployment test plans and managed services Field Readiness Review checklists.
- Specifying or consulting on the specification of diagnostic tools to isolate field outages quickly with minimum impact to customer production networks.
- Using predictive algorithms and other methods to assess the potential for undiscovered Software defects or deployment problems during the setup, testing, and shake out process in the customer environment.
- Actively reviewing, understand and applying the Market Requirements relative to the SW Solution deliverables.
- Documentimg Engineering Specifications to quantify metrics and acceptable criteria for Software Release Readiness, and Field Readiness Release as part of the approval process in keeping with Zebra Software Quality Standards.
- May be responsible for quality activities to support the initiatives of the core development team, program manager or product line management deliverables
- Communicates proactively with the project team and other stakeholders about progress against System level testing and reliability analysis of results.
- Uses experience and knowledge to proactively identify risks to the project and contribute beyond personal scope of deliverables.
- Contributes to overall project leadership
- Works with cross business unit team members reviewing their Quality Processes and the deployment of Software Solutions against those processes.
- Conducts Field Readiness Reviews with the entire releasing project team, (Professions Services, Software Engineering, Program Management, Customer Success Team, the Managed Services team, etc.)
- Demonstrates working knowledge of design for quality tasks, Software functional testing, SW Stress and performance testing within cloud network environments. Ability to determine gaps and specify requirements for mitigation of gaps.
- Actively participates in program Risk Assessment, highlighting key quality issues from a customer focused perspective. Ability to highlight SW Quality shortcomings, managed services shortcoming, and deployment shortcomings and withhold Field Readiness approval when necessary.
- Conducts periodic SW and Field Readiness Quality Reviews where appropriate.
- Assists project team in understanding technical issues and non-technical issues, suggest testing or other approaches to determining root cause and corrective action
- Acts independently to apply knowledge to resolve novel issues or concerns about design approach and conformance to standards
- Analyzes and approves Software Solutions update (or micro services) changes to production products
- Contributes to innovation efforts by participating actively in brainstorming activities and actively benchmarking externally with other organizations on best practices in design assurance for deployment and non-technical offer quality aspects of Software Solutions.
- Participates in special projects as a representative of the DAE team or support process improvement activities within the broader function.
- Works largely with SaaS Software Solutions operating over a Cloud network.
- Requires at least a Master’s degree in SW or Computer Science (Mechanical, Electrical, or Reliability)
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Working knowledge, skill, and problem solving ability on personal computer based systems
- Knowledge and experience with spreadsheet and statistical software programs
- Advanced Statistical methods and complex problem solving and analysis tools and techniques
- Familiarity with ISO9001 and internal audit techniques
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed and numbers oriented
- Six Sigma problem solving training, Black Belt certification or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer a plus
- Excellent understanding of Cloud related concepts, including strengths and weaknesses
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, Azure
- Fluent in defect tracking tools such as ServiceNow and JIRA
- Experience in Azure, GCP or AWS is required
- Excellent propensity for systems interoperability across cloud networking
- Experience with and ability to know the right questions to ask
- Experience in Cloud networking services deployment
- Ability to look for weaknesses throughout the product lifecycle
- Telementry for health monitoring
- B2B Enterprise experience
- Ability to drill down in techniques (i.e. AI)
- Ability to focus on Quality
- Experience with monitoring ideal