Social Media Specialist – Temporary
San Francisco, CA
This role may be based in any one of our three US studios: San Francisco, Cambridge and Chicago, or remotely anywhere in the US.
Come create impact with us:
IDEO North America is in search of a Social Media Lead to help shape and manage IDEO’s social presence. The ideal candidate has fluency with multiple social media platforms, owned and paid campaigns and promotional campaigns.
Why is this role important for IDEO?
IDEO is growing. As our Social Media Lead, you’ll play a critical role by helping the team create successful stories and campaigns on social channels). Through this work, you will build our social media presence across multiple channels, increasing engagement, growing our network, and generating demand in the form of business leads for IDEO—especially on LinkedIn. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to shape our strategy; come up with novel and creative ways to tell our stories; build new social communities; preserve health of existing channels both through daily maintenance and identifying trends that represent opportunities for growth; track and analyze the process from end to end, making recommendations for how to improve it.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. We work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Once here you will:
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies that align with thought leadership, client case studies, and cultural initiatives.
- Oversee, plan, deliver, and execute content across platforms using Hubspot and Airtable.
- Manage the day-to-day of all social media channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube, adapting content to suit.
- Monitor, moderate, and engage with communities, most importantly on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing, and design leads to create engaging multimedia content across platforms.
- Monitor, track, analyze, and report on performance using tools such as Google Analytics, Hubspot, and Meltwater.
- Set targets and monitor to increase brand awareness, lead generation, and client engagement.
- Educate team members on the use of social media and promote its use.
- Research, watch, and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to improve ways of measuring social media activity and push the creative edges of social communication and engagement
- Make recommendations for how to improve performance.
- Analyze competitor activity.
Qualifications and Relevant Experiences / Mindsets:
- 3-5 years minimum professional social media and/or marketing experience.
- Excellent social writing and engagement skills with in-depth knowledge of various social media platforms and engagement strategies, especially on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Experience with B2B service companies, lead generation strategies, and community moderation tactics and/or thought leadership experience required.
- Experience with various publishing platforms, monitoring tools, and digital analytics.
- Experience with brand reputation monitoring and public relations a plus
- Strong self-starter who thinks on their feet to solve problems. Ability to initiate, and manage projects autonomously.
- Skilled in creative, strategic, and analytical thinking.
- Experience navigating and working closely with cross-functional partners across various business functions.
- Ability to thrive in a remote environment.
- Results-focused approach.
- Ability to multitask effectively and ensure that projects are completed with accuracy.
- Experience with HubSpot, Meltwater, Slack, Airtable a plus.
- Interest in design, business development, technology, equity, representation, and sustainability a plus.
Commitment to Diversity
As a human-centered organization, we are committed to working with and designing with people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We know that this will take time, and that is why our commitments are designed for the long term. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability and transparency.
Please apply with 2-3 work samples.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.