Social Media Specialist (Remote) #1348
Area Of Interest: Marketing
Position Type: Full-time
Alternate Posting Locations
Georgia – Atlanta
Minnesota – Minneapolis
*This is a remote position, candidates from all US geographies will be considered.
The Social Media Specialist will support and/or be responsible for managing and executing social campaigns with the goal of increasing engagement, followership, share of voice and fundraising revenue for the American Cancer Society. While this role covers the entire landscape of owned, earned and paid social media, this position will primarily be focused on earned — with a focus on influencer marketing, social listening and community management, User Generated Content and building brand ambassadors.
They will be a social media native who is comfortable on well-known and emerging platforms and be a creative force to help identify opportunities and create content and campaigns. We are looking for a go-getter who is curious and passionate about the social and digital landscape.
Ultimately, this role will be successful by driving brand relevance through storytelling, social listening, proactive engagement and co-branded campaigns. This role should have a pulse on the cancer, nonprofit and ACS community and amplify ACS social media presence through earned, paid and user generated media.
Co-branded and Influencer Content Marketing
- Work alongside Social Media Director, agency and other key stakeholders to create compelling briefs, pitches and manage activations of social media influencer campaigns.
- Help manage and execute co-branded content marketing, corporate partner, PR and media campaigns across social channels.
- Ongoing outreach via DMs and email to potential influencers or content creators.
- Ability to translate brand and content ideas into social marketing opportunities.
Community Management and Engagement
- Work alongside other team members to manage all national social media communities, inclusive of ACS Masterbrand and event channels.
- Work alongside brand stakeholders to identify relevant key conversations, sentiment and content creators.
- Keeps a pulse on owned Facebook Groups — primarily those dedicated to fundraising and events. Works with external agencies and other stakeholders to create branded opportunities within groups, while also keeping an eye on sentiment.
- Deploys proactive listening and engagement strategy, ensuring ACS stays abreast on relevant conversations and trends, engaging appropriately based on the platform.
- Works with broader social media team to create and schedule content across channels as needed.
Fundraiser and Brand Activation
- Works with Community Fundraising and Digital Revenue team to incorporate fundraising campaigns and content across ACS social media.
- Curates User Generated Content (UGC) from social media fundraisers — primarily Instagram and TikTok. This can include event content being shared online to digital fundraising activations.
- Outreach to potential brand ambassadors and invites them to participate in social media fundraising.
- Incorporates and translates social media campaigns into fundraising opportunities.
- Identifies and reaches out to key social media fundraisers to create a community of social fundraisers and advocates.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years social media experience.
- Strong copywriting, creative thinking and attention to detail.
- Personal commitment to DEI — possesses knowledge of and curiosity about own DEI journey and understanding of issues related to DEI
- Utilizes extensive marketing knowledge to be able to come up with the most appropriate content for a specific target audience.
- Can create a clear path when one isn’t provided. Operates effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward has not been identified.
- Maintains a customer focus to deliver the most compelling work.
- Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful and presents them with influence.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Works well within a strong-identity team while applying their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Develops compelling visions and strategies for programs s/he leads.
Specialized Training Or Knowledge
- Deep understanding of the social paid space.
- Copywriting skills
- Experience working with social media influencers
- Creative thinker
- Attention to detail
The compensation range established for this position begins at a minimum of $52,300 per year.* Actual starting pay may differ based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.