Social Media Producer, Money with Katie
NEW YORK, NY /
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Money with Katie is a blog, podcast, and brand that makes personal finance content approachable (and maybe a little raunchy). Katie reaches 400,000 “Rich Girls” each month through her blog, newsletter, social media accounts, podcast, and growing video inventory. She has an exponentially growing audience and is looking for a whip-smart, strategy-driven, proactive, meticulous Social Media Producer to partner and manage her audience expansion efforts.
Money with Katie is working with the Brew to hire a full-time Social Media Producer!
The Social Media Producer will create social content for Money with Katie’s handles across multiple platforms. The job is perfect for someone with a design-forward mindset, an interest in personal finance, and a mastery of social platforms.
A background in design, and strong experience with Photoshop, Figma, or Canva are a must. Video editing experience, analytical experience, and an understanding of TikTok would be ideal. If you eat, sleep, and breathe social, and understand why things do/do not perform across platforms, this is the position for you.
The Social Media Producer will be responsible for the production of content on Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok distilling Katie’s long-form content (i.e., her one weekly blog and podcast). They’ll be expected to produce a large volume of content for Money with Katie’s accounts, juggle multiple assignments and deadlines at the same time, and pivot between written and multimedia formats.
You’re our ideal candidate if you are obsessed with growing an audience on social. You find inspiration and fresh ideas in unusual corners of the social media universe, but are well-versed in more traditional platforms, like Twitter and Facebook too. You are a detail-oriented person with an eye for design, excellent writing skills, and a “Rich Girl” attitude.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Producing daily posts for Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
- Creating design assets for Instagram, in post and story formats
- Posting Instagram Reels and IGTV videos (light video editing will be required)
- Writing Instagram captions, tweets, and TikTok copy.
- Captioning and posting TikTok videos
- Regularly responding to @moneywithkatie’s comments and DMs on social media, flagging any issues to MWK leadership
- Organizing files and workflows
- Contributing to team brainstorms, bringing ideas and inspiration for all platforms.
- Working daily in social management, analytics, and listing tools such as: SocialFlow, Hootsuite, EchoBox, Dash Hudson, Later, Sprout Social, Sprinklr, Parse.ly, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Google Analytics, NewsWhip, and more
- This position’s hours are 9am-5pm EST, Monday-Friday, but can work from anywhere in the U.S.
What makes you qualified?
- 3-5 years of experience in social media management/production for a news or media organization
- Excellent writing skills: The ability to write quickly and accurately in Money with Katie’s voice, prioritizing impeccable grammar, wit, and digestibility. You have a passion for proofreading before an editor looks over your work
- Deep experience with the social media platforms, and understanding of all the ins and outs of Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok. An understanding with YouTube is also a plus
- Experience with Photoshop, Figma, or Canva, and design experience
- Basic video editing skills (cutting, captioning, light edits), ideally through Adobe Premiere.
- Experience with social management, analytics, and listing tools such as: SocialFlow, Hootsuite, EchoBox, Dash Hudson, Later, Sprout Social, Sprinklr, Parse.ly, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Google Analytics, NewsWhip, and more
- A drive to work independently and practice good time-management.
- A game-for-anything, proactive attitude, a can-do mindset, and the ability to thrive in collaborative environments
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
- Respectful Candor — We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
- Empathy — We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
- Inclusivity — We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
- Curiosity — We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
- Accountability — We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
- Bias Toward Action — We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
- Challenger Mentality — We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
- Clarity of Purpose — We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
Employee resource groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded… plus more!
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll reimburse you.