Social Media Manager
Position Type Regular
Location US- Telecommute Yes
Work Arrangement Fully Remote
Base Salary Minimum USD $61,200.00/Yr.
Base Salary Maximum USD $72,000.00/Yr.
Imagine waking up every morning with the chance to change someone’s life. Imagine knowing your efforts will benefit both your career and our neighbors around the world. At CWS, our team knows they are making a difference every day.
Whether you’re in our U.S.-based offices supporting refugees, asylees or unaccompanied children … implementing hygiene initiatives in Cambodia or rebuilding projects in Central America … or even connecting remotely from your home on fundraising campaigns, grant reports, or critical communications – you have the opportunity to work towards a world where everyone has food, a voice and a safe place to call home.
CWS seeks a creative communicator who is passionate about using social media as a tool for storytelling and campaign mobilization.
The Social Media Manager brings stories, impact statistics and advocacy initiatives from across CWS programs and departments into a single voice. They will transform written stories, reports and advocacy alerts into tailored content for multiple social media platforms, ensuring that each audience sees relevant and engaging content.
They will liaise with other communications team members and CWS leadership to create and implement a multi-platform content calendar to balance fundraising initiatives, major campaigns, breaking news and evergreen content.
This position may be a good fit for you if:
- You are comfortable working with remote supervision–and potentially from a permanent home office– while also placing a heavy emphasis on team collaboration.
- You are an experienced designer who is comfortable creating social media-optimized graphics.
- You are a persuasive writer who is comfortable writing compelling tweets and post content.
- You are experienced with advertising on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and are familiar with best practices to ensure maximum ROI.
- You are flexible and able to think on your feet. You will need to balance ongoing strategies and large campaigns with sudden needs such as following a disaster or in response to breaking news.
- You are up to date on current trends on social media and new media content.
- You are able to spend a few minutes in the evening and on weekends monitoring social media channels and responding to comments and inquiries.
- You are passionate about the CWS mission of transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable responses to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster.
Content Production & Strategy
The Social Media Manager will prepare and post content regularly on the CWS Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Developing and executing the CWS social media strategy and content in coordination with the Communications team leadership to maximize engagement and audience growth.
- Creating graphics that are optimized for each platform in respect to text, dimensions and tone.
- Writing compelling and engaging text to accompany videos, graphics or photos.
- Compiling regular reports on top performing content and recommending strategy updates based on performance data for each platform.
- Exploring and testing new campaign styles and types of content and adapting as needed to evolving trends in social media content to achieve peak performance.
- Monitoring and replying to comments and inquiries
- Live-tweeting, live streaming, and joining Twitter storms during key moments related to breaking news and CWS advocacy campaigns.
- Develop and execute social media influencer and partner engagement strategies to expand the reach of digital content campaigns.
- Monitor online conversations and trending topics to identify opportunities to insert CWS into the narrative and bring attention to CWS content.
- Maintain a dynamic content calendar including planning appropriate content in observance of national, international and religious holidays and coordinating with the Funds Development & Marketing teams to lift up fundraising campaigns.
- Creating and implementing strategies to ensure that content is balanced in terms of location, focus and type of ask.
- The Social Media Manager will run advertising on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter for advocacy, fundraising and information-sharing campaigns.
- Defining and creating audiences for campaigns
- Selecting or creating ad creative that ensures engagement.
- Implementing ad campaigns
- Monitoring ad performance, tracking key analytics and making recommendations in real-time to optimize campaigns.
- Liaising with the Marketing team to optimize Facebook Pixel usage on the CWS website.
- Staying on top of best practices and current trends in advertising to maximize ROI.
The Social Media Manager will also:
- Manage and optimize the CWS YouTube account.
- Provide training and guidance to CWS domestic and global staff on social media best practices; and
- Develop social media toolkits and shareable content for use with coalitions and partners.
The Social Media Manager also performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a B.A./B.S. in graphic design, communications or a related field; or comparable professional experience
- Expertise in designing and implementing successful social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in accordance with best practices.
- Expertise in social media advertising
- Skill with social media analytics, and experience building strategy based on this data.
- Experience and comfort using the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator, to create assets that can be leveraged with external audiences.
- Skill at working virtually with colleagues globally.
- Skill at editing content diplomatically and collaboratively.
- Skill at organizing and managing projects to ensure timely completion within budget.
- Expertise in describing project impact and related information effectively in writing in ways that resonate with diverse audiences.
- Familiarity with global development, humanitarian response and refugee resettlement programs as well as with immigration issues preferred.