Social Media Assistant – 100% Remote
You’re a passionate social media marketer, you love creating engaging content and trying new content ideas! You’ll be a driver, not a passenger seeking out opportunities to improve and help others improve. Enjoy being part of a growing team, excited by the prospect of working with a well-recognised but growing brand.
You’ll have a track record of growing and nurturing a social media audience through awesome content.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented social media marketer to join our small but growing marketing team, you’ll be responsible for developing and delivering exciting automotive content to a variety of social platforms that include Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and more.
You will have the creative freedom to develop reels/video shorts across different platforms. You will get to have a creative impact on a well-established brand.
While learning from an experienced social media marketer with regular check-in meetings to offer feedback and aid your growth as a social media marketer. Gaining the best in-house experience across high-growth accounts.
About us www.carandclassic.com
Car & Classic is one of the largest automotive marketplaces in the world. We’re lucky to have thousands of user-generated listings submitted monthly with content gems from James Bond’s Aston DB5 to Elvis Presley’s Cadillac. The site is old, launched in 2005 but under new, VC-backed ownership since 2018 and on an exciting triple-digit growth journey to bring classic vehicle transactions online.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business, we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high-performing culture.
Whilst the team is only 120 people now we expect to double over the next 12 months. We’re looking for a Social Media Assistant that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid-growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally, you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives we look forward to hearing from you.
Role and responsibilities
- Working alongside the team to grow and develop our social media channels into a destination for automotive enthusiasts
- Responsible for the whole process from content planning to the creation and finally reporting
- Actively engage our online community across all social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram, with a particular focus on creating and managing short-form video content for Car & Classic TikTok and Instagram Reels accounts
- Identify meaningful insights from social media performance and community conversations to help drive strategy and optimise future content
- Repurpose YouTube content
- Develop strategies to increase followership and engagement
- Use analytic tools to gauge the success of campaigns
- We’re all about testing and learning so we want you to bring your expertise to the team
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Salary – 22,000
- Stock options
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- Flexible working – work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Professional development allowance
- Company-paid team retreats
- Income Protection
- Life Cover
- Smart Health
- Generous parental leave
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) & any period of closure over Christmas also paid
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- You have built a social media presence for yourself or a brand in the past on platforms like Instagram or TikTok
- Experienced content creator specifically with video content experience
- Strong knowledge of Social Media Marketing
- Experience with social media marketing software like; Hootsuite, Later or Creator Studio
- You’ll understand the best practices to boost engagement
- Well-versed in delivering and receiving feedback
- You’ll be a team player
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Experience using video editing software like Adobe Premier Pro
- Experience engaging with an audience on forums, Reddit and Facebook groups
- Videography skills
- A passion for cars and or bikes
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2021 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2022.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click ‘Apply for this job’. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.