Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Array is revolutionizing how businesses leverage and enhance consumer data. Our platform enables innovative companies and developers to seamlessly integrate credit and identity data into their apps, websites or workflows. As a remote-first company, we’re focused on providing opportunities for autonomous individuals to have high levels of impact at the forefront of the fintech space. Continuous improvement, experimentation, and a clear mission stretch us individually and together in service of delivering the best products for our clients and users.
We are seeking experienced, results-driven, and passionate engineers to join our infrastructure project team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and has excellent communication skills. Our collaborative environment relies heavily on innovation, technical savvy, and problem-solving skills. This is a full-time remote position within the US. As our newest SRE Engineer, you’ll be a major contributor to the company’s success. You’ll work with teams across the organization to build and maintain monitor-able, performant, reliable and highly-scalable software systems. Your technical contributions will help protect dozens of brands, facilitate continuous delivery, support our SLA for high-traffic websites and mobile applications in the credit score and reporting industry.
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems.
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Constantly optimizing performance and reliability
- Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones through DevOps methodologies.
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management.
- Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents.
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and PCI compliance.
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership.
- 5+ years experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems.
- Hands on experience with Docker and docker-compose.
- Proficiency working with and understanding a containerized development workflow
- Strong background in Linux/UNIX administration (e.g. RedHat/CentOS 7/Alpine Linux).
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Packer and Terraform.
- Experience in deploying large scale Docker based environments with OpenShift or Kubernetes, or similar product.
- Experience with languages like Bash, Python, or Node.js.
- Experience implementing Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Experience using devops tooling/modules with VMware vSphere’s API.
- Proficiency administering a CI/CD pipeline (we use Gitlab).
- Proficiency with networking fundamentals, diagnostic, troubleshooting, etc.
- Proficient in using command line tools to quickly triage and fix production issues.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, HTML, XML
Nice to have:
- Experience implementing CI/CD Blue/Green Deployments using Gitlab CI/CD You’re a wizard with Terraform
- Project Atomic (Red Hat and Fedora atomic host)
- Build and maintain data stores with PostgreSQL
- Implement Keepalived / Linux HA in a scalable environment
- In-depth knowledge of distributed computing and data systems, multi-region presence, high traffic websites.
- In-depth knowledge of immutable infrastructure, compostable infrastructure, and/or serverless computing.
Array Offers All Employees the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO and sick leave + 14 company holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- In-house wellness concierge and partnership with TalkSpace to support mental health
- 100% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- $2,000 medical travel coverage
- $1,000 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique remote office
- $100/month to subsidize wifi/cell phone expenses
One of our core values at Array is to care and support one another, and that’s why we strive to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Diversity, equity, and inclusion foster collaboration, comfort, and confidence. We’re at our collective best when we each feel our best.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.