Service Delivery Project Manager
job requisition id
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Project Manager position manages Lit and Dark Fiber services Customer projects in one or more of the following product areas:
- Waves services, Ethernet Services, IP Services
- Dark Fiber metro and/or Long Haul services
- Fiber to the Tower (FTT) services for Dark Fiber and Lit Services
The Project Manager candidate possesses the following skills and expertise
- Subject Matter advocate for process and program management and driving improvements
- Excellent project leadership, critical thinking skills, ability to manage projects to the customer’s technical specifications and contract requirements.
- Excellent customer management skills (verbal and written) including prioritization, risk analysis, conflict management/resolution
- Strong system and process knowledge in Lit and Fiber services implementation.
- Strong internal and external collaboration and relationship skills across Zayo teams, partners, and all levels of customer organizations supported.
- Known as a go to person/trusted advisor that willingly assists other team members.
- Ability to define project dependencies, manage project milestones, meet and exceed project KPIs.
- Key Project Leader collaborating cross-functionally with Customers, Sales, Sales Leadership at a Project, Market, Product/Services level nationally.
- End-to-End Project ownership to include project kick off meetings with stakeholders, scheduling, scope and budget tracking, project management of internal and external team members.
- Orchestrate internal and external customer project communication dependencies, timeline, milestones and progress
- Provide Service Delivery Performance metrics and analysis to support cross-functional Customer Business Reviews.
- Customer ownership and advocacy; the PM provides ‘Voice of the Customer’ project feedback
- Develop and maintain customer project plans based on contractual requirements and service designs
- Budget ownership including monitoring, forecasting and gap closure planning with Outside Plant when applicable.
- Perform and oversee daily PM operational tasks working cross-functionally.
- Build, maintain, and report operational metrics for end-to-end milestone management.
- Manage existing reports and dashboards to provide weekly and quarterly forecasting, metrics and deliverables. Partner with PM teams to identify new metrics and tracking to drive improvements
- Communicate and coordinate plans and strategies with other functional areas including sales, product, engineering, procurement, network operations and field operations.
Preferred Qualifications and Expertise
Systems and Processes
- Thorough knowledge of systems/tools, processes, and application of project management methodology at strategic and tactical levels.
- Knowledge of Fiber Engineering, Outside Plant, and field operations processes required for each project inclusive of budget, design, engineering, permitting, construction, splicing, and scheduling.
Communication, Relationship, and Leadership
- Exceptional project leadership and critical thinking skills; Excellent customer management skills (verbal and written) including risk analysis, conflict management/resolution
- Ability to influence teams to action that are not in a direct reporting relationship to drive toward company goals
- Self driven and motivated to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to see and close personal gaps/growth areas; desire to continually improve and move up in the organization
- 5-10 years of experience in managing Telecom services projects
Base pay range: $75,500 – $100,600 commensurate with experience
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
- Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave