Title: Senior UX Visual Designer
Location: Denver, CO or Remote
SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you’ll make an impact
As a Senior UX Visual Designer, you will use your skills to create amazing customer experiences with elegant and simple UI that deliver business results. You will utilize your skills and talent in layout, visual hierarchy, white space, color, and visual flair to take our design system to the next level, creating beauty and reflecting our mission, while creating efficiency in the build process.
Success looks like
- Upgrade the visual design of our products; amaze stakeholders and deliver business benefits.
- Run our UX critiques with deft skill and kindness.
- Own our design system, creating new components and establishing the rules of use. Work directly with designers and developers to implement the system throughout our suite of products. Instill a process for ensuring quality and consistency in alignment with the design system.
- Be the connection between UX and Marketing, faithfully reflecting the brand in our products and keeping us up to date and consistent.
- Mentor other designers in your visual craft and enable us to be ambassadors for your design system. Inspire teams about design and teach your collaborators and stakeholders to be articulate about the benefits of your work.
What you’ll do
- As a craftsperson, you plan, create, and communicate beautiful, usable, and effective interface designs for mobile, web, and device interfaces. From layout, to visual branding, to motion and interactivity – your visual and interactive design is collaborative and comprehensive.
- Starting from a current experience and brand guidelines, you are able to create compelling, creative visual concepts with thoughtful rationale behind design decisions.
- Your portfolio will demonstrate your ability to craft lovely, innovative, differentiated experiences and you can articulate your process and the elements that set your work apart.
- You have knowledge of current digital design trends as well as design fundamentals. It is especially helpful if you have worked in complex fields such as healthcare, finance, or industrial design.
- You have worked with, created and updated a design system, working closely with design and engineering teams to implement across products. You know the ins and outs of creating components, documenting usage, and keeping things simple when complexity beckons.
What you’ll bring with youKey Competencies
- Balancing Stakeholders: Understands the expectations and needs of both internal and external stakeholders
- High Standards: Freedom from errors and mistakes, ability to consistently meet objectives
- Resilience & Adaptability: Effective with limited information or direction; comfortable with risk and uncertainty; self-directed and proactive
- Effective Coach: Further the learning or development of others by understanding their goals, challenging them, giving them timely feedback, and offering them support
- Inspires & Motivates: Able to guide people to get the job done, and to bring out their best. Can articulate a shared mission in a way that motivates and offers a sense of common purpose beyond people’s day-to-day tasks
- Cultivates Innovation: Pushes the organization beyond traditional ways of doing things, introducing new ways to look
- Service- Oriented: Focused on the needs, wants, and expectations of customers, external or internal.
- At least 5 years working in a UX-related field with an emphasis on solving complex problems. Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Experience building, curating, implementing a design system, preferably for an existing product
- Outstanding visual design expertise and a pulse on modern UX trends
- Excellent storytelling- you can get your ideas across effectively, through a skilled combination of words and visual assets
- Experience with Figma, Jira, Angular or React, and Github
- Background or experience teaching design, user experience, or other fine arts highly desired.
What we value
- Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
- Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
- Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
- Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
- Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
- Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
The anticipated salary range for this role is $110,000-$130,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive plan. Actual compensation is based commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind.
Our benefits include:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet your needs including HSA and FSA options.
- A flexible PTO policy
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life’s unexpected – not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.