Sr. UX Researcher
- United States
- Part time
For over ten years, HappyFunCorp has been helping businesses develop great products and deliver technical solutions with a blend of strong engineering skills, human-focused design, and culture that makes working with us enjoyable. We’ve worked closely with startups as well as Fortune 500 companies to innovate across a variety of verticals. Though we’re headquartered in Brooklyn, NYC, we embrace remote work, and it’s been part of our DNA from the start.
Our team of over 70 sharp and talented engineers, designers, and product architects hail from diverse backgrounds, bringing empathy and business savvy to every project and relationship we take on. Whether you’re looking to take an idea from concept to production, improve an existing product, or handle a complicated digital transformation project, we can help.
This is a minimum of a 2 month project with 15-20 hours a week that will likely be extended.
Specifically, you will…
- Identify the client’s target users, create user personas, conduct research, and perform user testing
- Perform competitor analysis to understand the client’s competitive landscape
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative research to understand the client’s current users and the potential US market users
- Offer insights and possible areas of opportunities and create a business case for senior management and key stakeholders
- Previous experience as a UX Researcher and has had a previous role at a technology company or agency
- Strong understanding of design thinking and user-centered design methods
- Capable of analyzing findings and translating those findings into insights and prioritizing those insights into a product vision
- Ability to use both qualitative and quantitative analysis and research to help identify problems and solutions
- You know how to build consensus and align people around an idea
- You listen well and have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experienced in conducting market research and competitive analysis to define business cases and prioritize platform requirements
- Strong service design experience and knowledge of tools for usability, behavior tracking, and customer relationship management
- Bonus if you have experience on projects that involved building consumer applications in or around the airline industry
- First and foremost – Happy and Fun – it’s all in the name
- Then the other stuff: Maturity, Initiative, Solution-mindedness, Emotional Intelligence, Humility, Generosity, generally good to be on a team with…
HFC is a good fit for entrepreneurially-minded doers that learn and adapt quickly and have a passion for what they do. What we look for is someone with experience turning ideas into fully-fledged products. We offer competitive pay, a fully remote company culture, and the opportunity to work on cool projects with great people. If this sounds like you, send us your application!