Employer: Knock – Knockaway, Inc.
Knock is on a mission to make homeownership simple and certain. Whether you are a homeowner looking to buy a new home before selling your current home or a first-time buyer, Knock offers fully digital end-to-end solutions that bring certainty, convenience and cost-savings to the often stressful and complicated process of homeownership. The Knock Home Swapâ„¢ empowers a customer to buy their new dream home before selling their old one. Knock GOâ„¢ (Guaranteed Offer) provides homebuyers with the best features of a cash offer in a competitive home loan to win the home they want without paying more.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top-tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The National Association of RealtorsÂ®, through its investment arm Second Century Ventures, is a strategic investor in Knock, giving its 1.5 million members the ability to market Knock’s homeownership solutions to their clients. Knock currently operates in 72 markets nationwide and plans to be in over 100 markets by 2023.
Enjoying Life & Making an Impact
- Knock offers a 100% remote work culture
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums for full time employees
- Unlimited PTO (2 week min. is highly encouraged) for full time employees
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- At least 6 weeks paid parental leave for full time employees
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time employees
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible employees
- $100 monthly allowance for home internet, mobile phone or other communication devices
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
The Sr. UX Designer for the Consumer Experience (CX) slingshot will use their UX/UI expertise to elevate and drive our native mobile app and web experiences for real estate agents. They bring proactive UX experience to ensure the team is building the right experiences based on qualitative and quantitative data, as well as, company and team objectives. Their holistic mindset will help the (CX) slingshot account for not only the product but the entire agent experience, including people and process. This role will bring an enthusiasm and passion for providing UX mentorship, UX experimentation, testing and product innovation.
The Sr. UX Designer will establish a UX design framework and strategy for their team to work within. They will share new ideas, tools and ways to better our user experience that will result in impactful user and business outcomes. This role will take our current manual app experience and elevate that to an enjoyable, proactive, network app experience (think Lyft, Doordash, Airbnb).
The Sr. UX Designer will be a UX leader throughout the entire product development process; from problem definition, to detailed UX and visual design, through to usability testing, and QA. They will participate and help in discovery sessions to understand the context of their work and use that context as their foundation. They will run design workshops, create workshop artifacts, user flows, wireframes, mid-to-high fidelity static mockups, and InVision prototypes. Complex UX rationale behind proposals will be effortlessly communicated to team, leadership and the company as a whole.
When applying, please include samples of your mobile work.
Qualifications – You’ll Bring:
- Extensive experience designing for native mobile experiences
- A strategic mindset to planning sessions, making sure your team’s work ties back to company and team KPIs
- Knowledge of the latest UI/UX standards, design trends, design best practices and technologies
- Strong desire to quickly externalize and test your designs, you enjoy regular feedback
- Comfort leading meetings and facilitating design discussions and exercises
- Experience and comfort with running usability testing
- Experience leveraging, and extending, our design system to deliver a consistent and rich app and desktop experience
- Experience balancing user needs with business needs to ensure we deliver the best experiences for our customers while doing the right thing for the business
- A desire to learn, grow, and expand your knowledge, while also supporting others learning experiences; act as a mentor and be a resource for others inside and outside of your team
- Belief in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team
- Education: High school or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement
- Set up and constantly operate a computer
- Communicate and exchange accurate information to others via telephone or internet video applications
The candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our Compensation Philosophy: As a fully remote (U.S.-based) workforce, our goal is to ensure that all Knockstars are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for Colorado applicants. The salary range estimate for this position is: $135,000 – $172,500 USD.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks and benefits at any time. Employees eligible for bonus and/or commission will be provided details in the offer letter.
We are proud to be a remote, distributed company with employees across 40 states and counting. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This position is in the continental United States.