Employer: Starburst Data
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Starburst is seeking a Senior Product and User Experience Designer to join our UX team to help make an impact in the lives of our customers through customer research, user data, and iterative prototyping to deliver amazing designs. As a product designer you will collaborate with product managers, engineers, customer-facing engineers, and customers on the requirements, feature design, and development for the entire user experience at Starburst.
- Ownership in various areas such as product design and user experience at Starburst including our SaaS product Starburst Galaxy, documentation, and onboarding
- Deep dive with Starburst stakeholders to understand the users; define, maintain, and evolve user personas, product vision, and UX strategy
- Collaborate with product managers, field team, support team, engineers, and customers for input to the product experience
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity designs for user interfaces
- Ideate and lead internal sessions to develop user-focused solutions for functionality requests, user pain points, and new feature ideas
- Learn the market, customers, and competitive landscape
- Contribute to a central design system for reference by the Product and Engineering teams
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Develop and administer usability testing and user research; identify patterns to incorporate into product roadmap
- 7+ years experience in user experience and product design
- Strong UX skills including UX strategy, IA, wireframing, and research
- Strong UI and visual design skills
- Experience leading ideation, design thinking, or design sprint-type review sessions with stakeholders and internal teams
- Experience with design and prototyping tools (including Figma)
- The ability to work independently in a remote capacity, as well as within a team environment
- An online portfolio of recent work
- Experience with Open Source
- Product design experience with SaaS
- Experience with one of of AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience with technical documentation and working with Documentation, Marketing, and Engineering teams.
- Domain knowledge of data warehousing, data lakes, and big data technologies
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants,Â remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!