Senior UXR Researcher
Remote – US/Canada /
Product & Design Design /
At Scribd (pronounced scribbed), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.8M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the workstyle that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
About our product & design team
The team at Scribd is one of a kind. We’re passionate and fun people who love the work we do. We pride ourselves on creating delightful experiences for our readerson a mission to change the way the world reads. We work in a tight-knit environment, partnering closely with other teams to anticipate our readers’ wants and needs then deliver the solutions that keep the pages turning for our millions of active monthly users.
What we’re looking for
Scribd is in search of a Senior User Researcher who is passionate about educating others, skilled at uncovering human-centered insights, and experienced at translating these insights into opportunities for design and product. We are looking for someone who can inspire fellow team members and guide with both appreciation and conviction for the people we serve.
What you will do
- Help identify the questions we need to answer to move product strategy and execution forward. Your insights and discoveries will help inform company strategy, product experiences, and long-term roadmaps.
- Design, scope, and run user research to fully learn the latent and unmet needs of Scribd users through creative research, spanning generative, iterative, and evaluative methods.
- Assist multiple designers and product managers with a wide range of research needs, from large and generative to small and tacticalwith an end goal of up-leveling research skills among the product team so that less guidance becomes necessary.
- Make research findings relevant and impactful for product and design through crafted insights, decks, stories, videos, and testimonialsworking to ensure team engagement in user research studies, and foster a common knowledge of research output to drive informed decision making.
- Build and implement innovative user research processes to meet Scribd’s product delivery goals.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and conducting market/product/design research and be able to show how your work has had an impact. Have stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps, informed design outcomes, and impacted team processes.
- BA/BS+ in Psychology, Social Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to use human-centered insights to answer business questions.
- Skilled with both quantitative and qualitative research methods, including research scope, design, tracking, and synthesis.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of a range of UX research approaches and methodologies.
- Strong presentation skills with a creative and compelling storytelling style.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple research studies concurrently.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
*Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
- Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k/RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learning & Development programs
- Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
- Mental Health support & resources
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
- Referral Bonuses
- Book Benefit
- Company wide events
- Team engagement budgets
- Vacation & Personal Days
- Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
- Flexible Sick Time
- Volunteer Day
- Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing email@example.com about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico. *This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.