Employer: UnitedHealth Group
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Join the Navigation team as a Senior User Interface (UI) Software Engineer. The team is responsible for developing, maintaining, enhancing and setting a high quality bar for web and mobile apps which assists end users in navigating their healthcare benefit coverage, claims, finding doctors/facilities, price comparisons and other features. You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build extensible and reusable UI components and scalable features that are lightweight and fast for the user
- Breathe life into static mocks with CSS animations, transitions and visual effects
- Develop responsive web apps that look and work great across multiple devices
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems
- Accountable for Product quality along with the team. Support the application and keep the quality bar elevated
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience with web or mobile development with relation to the user interface, experience and design
- 3+ years of web or mobile development with understanding of client and server topology and communication
- 2+ years of experience with React and/or React Native
- Product related development experience within design and UX development
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of real world industry experience
- 5+ years of experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular, React and React Native
- Experience using RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Experience with CSS, web browsers, HTTP, cookies, caching, and HTML5 web storage
- Experience creating accessible web applications (WCAG 2.0 or 508)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience migrating from Angular to React
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Familiar with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect
- Comfortable with Git