- The Senior User Experience Designer is a talented practitioner that contributes to the design and delivery of exceptional interaction and visual designs.
- This individual employs a user-centered design methodology to create compelling, intuitive interfaces.
- The User Experience Designer works closely with user experience team members, product strategists and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate those goals into designs that enhance the overall end-user experience.
The Senior User Experience Designer works in a multidisciplinary environment, and in a collaborative fashion, on user experience design activities throughout the software development lifecycle, often with numerous design initiatives occurring concurrently:
- Contributes to the design of the overall look and feel of visual and interactive user interface across multiple products and platforms
- Simplifies and unifies complex information into intuitive interactions, flows, charts, graphs, and other forms of visual representation
- Creates detailed specifications of visual designs to communicate with developers
- Performs quality assurance reviews of developed pages to ensure adherence to specifications
- Contributes to the creation of prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- Contributes to the creation of a pattern library, to maintain consistency in behaviours across multiple products
- Leads and participates in user research and testing to apply insights to inform design strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree Industrial Design, Architecture, HCI, or other design research field preferred
- 4+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer of web and mobile user interfaces
- Have a portfolio of work samples that demonstrate graphic skill, knowledge of design principles, and thorough, thoughtful design and user- or human-centered design process
- Be able to work independently, but with a strong preference for collaboration and being part of a highly collegial team
- System level thinking regarding UI & UX decisions
- Experience working on rapid release cycle environment and partnered with product managers and engineering teams to define and ship features quickly
- Strategic thinking that looks for design efficiencies that balance engineering and product needs without sacrificing the integrity of design
- Strong attention to detail with ability to successfully execute on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Detailed knowledge of design tools such as Adobe CS, Figma, HTML, CSS