Senior Technical Writer – (Remote) – Information Development Group
Req ID: R34228
- Remote, United States
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Citrix builds the secure digital workspace technology that frees 400,000 customers to do their very best work from anywhere. By joining our award-winning workplace, you’ll be included in the globally diverse, collaborative team that values work-life balance. Come see why Fortune named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Let’s innovate and grow together!
What we’re looking for:
At Citrix, our Mission is to deliver an intelligent digital Citrix Workspace experience that empowers all employees with unified, secure, and reliable access to all the work resources we need to be productive and do their best work – anytime, anywhere. We provide work solutions for any Workspace platforms and seamless integration across all Apps. Citrix provides products and IT (Information Technology) solutions to collaborate work management, provides modern and consistent User experience across all devices and through application integration, workflow automation and our Cloud based technology and zero trust security, enabling our clients and end-users with the best enterprise performance, modernization, and security!
Citrix has been ranked #11 on The Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology in 2021. More than 400,000 companies around the world, including 99 percent of the Fortune 500, rely on Citrix digital workspace solutions to provide secure, reliable access to the applications and information their employees need to engage and be productive.
Currently, Citrix has over 100 million Users World-wide. Our Culture is strong, inclusive, vibrant, and crucial to how we work and serve our customers and partners. Citrix’s Pillars of Core Values are Integrity, Respect, Curiosity, Courage and Unity!
What We’re Looking For
You are a Senior Technical Writer with 6 + years of technical writing experience. You will have demonstrated experience writing and editing Technical Content for Software, Software Virtualization, and Cloud-based Applications. If you have strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet agreed-upon schedules while excelling in an agile development environment, we’d love to speak with you! If we just described you, then we really need to talk.
The Citrix Information Development team is looking for a Senior Technical Writer who will be producing technical content for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops. Working collaboratively with Engineering, Product Management and Product Design, the information development team creates and manages in-product content and supporting documentation for all product releases and updates. Develops technical documentation for a variety of audiences including programmers, network administrators, and end-users. Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users. Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Producing customer-facing product documentation by adhering to Agile development processes and to Citrix-defined and industry-standard writing and style guidelines.
- Assignments of medium to large scope that require the consideration of a variety of factors and often requires collaboration with senior team members within and outside of the department.
- Developing content for product releases, including terminology and UI labels.
- Performing various levels of writing and editing, including crafting original copy, substantive editing including copy and content reviews, with a high level of attentiveness to details.
- Producing UI content for a variety of audiences, but primarily for highly technical administrators, and occasionally for end users.
- Producing content within the product, collaborating with product design to develop wireframes, storyboards, and other assets.
- Iterating rapidly and creating multiple solutions. Creating a documentation plan independently or with a team lead to align with engineering sprints and product release schedules.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, technical writing, or a related field. Minimum of 6 + years technical writing experience or a master’s degree with 5 years.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing content for desktop for Software, Software Virtualization, and Cloud-based Applications.
- Experienced with agile development methodologies, Git, and JIRA or Confluence are preferred.
- Previous experience developing documentation for Enterprise IT Software and Virtualization environments.
- Must have strong fundamental understanding of the standards for UI text, collaborative writing and editing, and user-centered design and development processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication is required, a keen eye for details, ability to effectively prioritize and capable of working with different cross-functional business groups.
- We’re looking for an ambitious, highly motivated professional with a continuous learning and growth mindset and a strong desire to achieve.
Why work for Citrix
This is an opportunity to work with one of the most innovative and forward-thinking Technology Companies on Planet Earth! Working alongside some of the brightest, most talented, and passionate people around. This is a great opportunity to work with high-impact teams! As a member of this Engineering team, you’ll be uniquely and strategically positioned to work on cool and exciting projects that will have a direct and positive impact for our Customers/Users, our Enterprise Clients and Partners within numerous industries, well into the future!
At Citrix, we want to set you up for a successful career with us! This opportunity provides an excellent career path and advancement opportunities. We provide an environment where people are allowed to do their best work. We believe in collaboration, ideation, experimentation, and innovation. We empower teams to enhance their skills, learn, grow, collaborate, create, succeed, and deliver. We’re an innovative engine for our Colleagues, Communities, Customers and Users in the Digital Marketplace!
The work at Citrix is exhilarating, and that’s what makes it a whole lot of fun! Let’s embark on this next great adventure together! Imagine a better way to work!
Functional Area: Information Development
What you’re looking for:
Everyone is welcome at Citrix. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging, and celebrate bringing our courageous, authentic selves to work. We believe this way of working helps us innovate, and it’s just one of the reasons why our employees continuously recognize Citrix as a great place to work.
Citrix helps make work more sustainable to benefit the planet, our business, and our communities. For more than 30 years, we have empowered individuals and organizations to work remotely or work from anywhere, reducing commuting emissions and energy consumption in the process.
We are the #1 leader in Virtual Client Computing (VCC) and #2 in the Application Delivery Controller (ADC) space, and we have key partnerships with top cloud providers. We’ll give you the tools, learning opportunities, mentorship, and flexibility to achieve your goals. Come see why you belong at Citrix, with our culture supporting purposeful innovation and growth from within.
We offer a competitive total rewards package* that includes:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Health and wellness benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Retirement benefits
- Education assistance
- Time off and absence programs
- Professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Paid volunteer time and charitable matching of employee donations
- Employee resource groups
- And more!
**Please note that benefits may vary based on location.
At Citrix, our employees perform extraordinary acts of creativity and service every day. We provide benefits and rewards that meet the diverse needs of our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and equitable rewards opportunities for all employees. In the state of Colorado, the salary for this role generally ranges from $90,240 -$112,800 but may vary depending on your qualifications including job-related education, training, experience, licensure, and certification, that could result at a level outside of this range. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus, sales incentives, and/or stock depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role as well as individual performance. Benefits may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Citrix and the country where you work. U.S. based employees are typically offered access to healthcare, life insurance and disability benefits, 401(k) plan and company match, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), and education assistance program, among others.