Title: Sr. Technical Manager (Remote)
Location: United States
GovCIO is currently hiring for a Sr. Technical Manager to join our Health PMO team. The candidate should have experience with a civil agency, preferably Veterans Affairs. The environment is dynamic and client needs are often evolving. As such, thought leadership, problem-solving, rapid learning, and carrying the innovative mindset needed to lead our clients through conceptualization, strategic planning, and execution is important. Additionally, flexibility and forward-thinking views are important for success.This position will be a fully remote position.
Responsible for managing a broad base of technical employees in design, implementation, and system integration of complex systems solutions. Effectively completes detailed project plans, schedules, functional flows and specifications, standard operating procedures and quality assurance plans by identifying tasks, deliverables, assignments, controls, and contingency plans. Requires a broad base of technical knowledge and demonstrated organizational and leadership skills. May also act as team subject matter expert.
- Monitor and report project status and milestone achievements for all phases of a project on a very regular basis and implement remedial actions as appropriate.
- Delegates tasks to, organizes, mentors and motivates a team of Information Systems professionals and fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Monitors technology trends such as emerging standards for new technology opportunities.
- Manage Agile delivery model, whether Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Lean Kanban, DevSecOps, or other iterative development approaches
- Strong program management, governance, oversight, and reporting capabilities
- Strong analytical and time management skills to support competing priorities, data calls, and ongoing progress reports
- Understanding of the VA Healthcare IT systems/products/processes
- Ability to understand, document, and recommend technical management approaches on projects
- Expertise in managing parallel projects under a complex program while also providing program level support cross-functionally
- Experience with creating a strategic roadmap, with alignment to goals and operations plans
- Meet and exceed performance metrics, AQLs, and report progress with justification, recommendations, and an innovative approach
- Serve as an escalation point for customer concerns if/when they arise and identify appropriate resolutions to achieve client satisfaction in a timely manner
- Provide leadership and direction to any assigned direct reports, clients, key stakeholders, and executive leadership
- Understand existing processes and identify how to improve and streamline them to improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide support as it relates to automation, CI/CD, and DevOps and/or DevSecOps
- Manage and coordinate process requirements across various projects
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Responsible to support communications, program baseline support, strategic planning and analysis, data collection, quality reviews, risk management and scheduling
- Monitor, track, and provide client reports on project schedule, work plan, risks, and budget to ensure the project meets targeted dates and goals
- Ensure capture and monitor action items status, produce, and communicate meeting minutes and drive action to their proper resolution or conclusion
- Provide in-depth reporting support and take ownership of the status reporting and preparation of detailed updates that go to Senior Leadership
- Support fast turnaround requests for data calls and be able to understand the ask and request data from the appropriate program resource
- Manages the direction of a project through the design, implementation, and testing in accordance with project objectives.
- Defines requirements and plans project lifecycle deployment.
- Understand the client s business issues and data challenges; perform gap analysis and recommend solutions
- Coordinate with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Meet with project managers or stakeholders to identify and resolve issues.
- Create project deliverables, including artifacts and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Use source data to evaluate the effectiveness of projects and business processes.
- Conduct research, analyze information needs, and perform analysis to support the delivery of relevant artifacts including business process diagrams, reports, and presentations
- Establish effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Verify data and information and analyze it to suit the direction of a project
- Track, forecast and report on project progress including metrics and challenges
- Work with all team members to analyze changes in requirements and recommend the most expedient solutions in a timely manner.
- Leverage excellent writing skills to translate complicated issues from multiple information sources into a clear point of view, and create a compelling, concise, and well-written narrative
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s with 12+ years (or commensurate experience)
- Bachelor s Degree in a Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related fields.; 5-7 additional years of experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience in all areas of the software development life cycle
- Strong facilitation and excellent verbal communication, oral presentation, analytical and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience working in the VA Healthcare IT space
- Proficient with MS Office, MS SharePoint, MS Teams
- Excellent planning and project oversight skills
- Excellent leadership, management, and delegation skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and stay organized
- Excellent conflict management and servant leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, as well as provide program level support cross-functionally
Preferred Skills and Experience
- VA-specific project management experience
- Project Management Professional PMP Certified
- Certified SAFe
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in DevSecOps environment
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma and LEAN principles and processes
- Release Management and Configuration Management understanding
- Highly motivated and analytical; proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate enthusiasm when working in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new skills, new client environments, and grow domain expertise
- Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex issues
- Experience with Jira, GitHub, SharePoint, and Visio is desirable
- Experience with the patch and software maintenance release process is desired
- Experience on software projects utilizing cloud infrastructure