Employer: Imagine Learning
Great Purpose. Great People.
At Imagine Learning we ignite learning breakthroughs. It drives everything we do. We innovate together to support educators in creating those special moments when students experience the joy of learning at its best. We serve more than 10 million students and partner with more than 7,500 school districts nationwide.
Envision Your Experience
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting Weld North Education’s corporate computer hardware and software systems. In addition, this position fulfills the role of mentor to other team members, in order to accelerate their development. Ideal candidates will have multiple years of Sr. Systems Administrator experience as well as a strong Okta skillset with experience with workflows and migrations.
This is a regular, full-time position, based out of your home office/our office.
Imagine Learning offers competitive total compensation, including incentive opportunities for all regular employees.
Share Your Expertise
Experience, education, and qualifications essential for success in this role, include:
- Extensive experience with Okta, Okta workflows, and SAML set up
- Administer servers, workstations, printers, desk phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates, wireless networks, switches, and patching
- Extensive AD understanding, especially within Azure
- O365 administration
- Google Office administration
- Strong technical understanding of Exchange Online
- Strong attention to detail when planning future implementations, migrations, and integrations
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think strategically as well as tactically about immediate solution and future endeavors
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Assist with network and system security maintenance
- Evaluate and modify system performance
- Identify and anticipate user needs
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
- Engage in knowledge sharing and act as a mentor to junior-level team members
- Other related responsibilities as required
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science and 4-6 years system administration experience with large enterprise systems (8-10 years’ experience without a degree)
- Ability to work independently, anticipate issues, and mentor others
- Strong customer service skills
- Extensive knowledge of operating systems and applications, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong willingness to document processes and solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple demands
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strong grasp of computer security
- Azure or other Microsoft Professional certifications
- ITIL and/or other leading IT industry certifications
- 3+ years experience as a Sr. Systems Administrator
- 3-5 years documentation experience (Confluence or other)
- 2-3 years SSO & MFA experience
- Scripting/automation experience via Powershell
- VMWare or Citrix VDI experience a plus
- Experience with major systems migrations like O365
- Experience with IBM MaaS360 or other MDM
- Experience with Zendesk, Box, and other cloud-based services
- To help ensure the safety of our valued employees, customers, and other business associates, Imagine Learning requires COVID-19 vaccination for employees working in or visiting our offices, and those who interface in-person with customers and other business partners requiring COVID-19 vaccination.
Ignite Your Career
We support your unique career journey by providing flexibility, investing in wellbeing, and propelling growth.
- Imagine Learning is a hybrid workplace, with the majority of employees enjoying the opportunity to work from home. Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, we also maintain offices in Provo, UT, Austin, TX, Petaluma, CA, and Rock Rapids, IA.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees, including:
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plans, including medical plans with zero employee premiums
- 401k plan with a company match
- Company-paid behavioral health coaching
- 15 paid holidays, including a winter shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- 15 days of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
- Paid bonding leave when a new child joins your family
- Paid volunteer hours and annual giving events
- Imagine Learning is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- We offer a wide variety of professional development programs, including tuition reimbursement for eligible employees.