Join AT&T and reimagine the communications and technologies that connect the world. We re committed to those who seek to discover the undiscoverable and dare to disrupt the norm. Bring your bold ideas and fearless risk-taking to redefine connectivity and transform how the world shares stories and experiences that matter. When you step into a career with AT&T, you won t just imagine the future you ll create it.
The Senior System Engineer is a hands-on function that ultimately results in the delivery of an application or service. Responsible for translating the core architecture for business requirements into the final technical solution (consisting of platform, network, software, cloud, etc.) through functional, performance, and reliability analysis using engineering models and techniques, primarily through software development throughout the vertical stack. Defines designs; Provides technical enablement for application components and subsystems for an Application(s). Drives important design decisions for development team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Elaborate the design and interfaces for specific components including: Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context.
- Align development teams to a shared technical direction and partners with those teams in elaborating the Solution and its interfaces.
- Validate technology assumptions, evaluate implementation alternatives.
- Create and enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline including: Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the system solution and explore alternatives.
- Develop the Architectural Runway in support of new business Features and Capabilities.
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, Solution and Enterprise Architects, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enablers.
- Participate in project planning, system and solution demos, retrospective workshops.
- Understand technical characteristics of and assist with architectural integration of external components, systems, and platforms.
- Vendor management to design the complex SAP solutions and support biller transformation and infrastructure projects.
- Review and approve overall SAP Application Functional designs and work with development team to deliver best in class solution.
- Knowledge of SAP BRIM/HYBRIS capabilities.
- Business knowledge and direct interaction with clients and support partners.
- Functional experience for S4 HANA, SAP RMCA, SAP CRM, and SAP BW functionality in Financial (AR, Dispute Mgmt, Refunds, Credit and Collection) domain.
- Experienced in supporting very complex integrated system.
- Experienced in SAP Archiving requirements gathering and designing archiving solutions.
- Experienced in SAP Security Management concepts.
- Experience in supporting SOX and Financial Audits.
- Strong analytical and logical skills.
- Ability to work with globally distributed virtual teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good prioritization skills and be flexible to adapt with changing business needs.
Education: Preferred Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically requires 5-8 years experience.
This is a remote work from home position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #virtualwork