Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Operational Excellence team focuses on delivering strategy, processes and technology to our customer service teams, enabling them to wow customers with each and every interaction. As a member of our Process Improvement team (within Operational Excellence), you will develop and implement efficient processes and tools, and lower our cost to serve in partnership with the CX leadership team.
As a Process Improvement Specialist you will analyze operational data, identify improvement opportunities and collaborate with teams across Gusto to help improve the employee and customer experience. This role will focus on connecting the operational data with the process to understand where Gusto is able to improve our customer experience; and then leading cross-functional projects to deliver on identified results.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Create and assess detailed process analytics to drive strategy across gusto
- Turn data into digestible insights through story-telling
- Collaborate with Process Improvement Value Stream Managers to prioritize improvement projects
- Lead the planning and execution of process improvement projects through collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- Coach customer-facing SME’s on process improvement frameworks and projects
- Use a customer-first mindset to deliver a world-class experience for customers
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Detailed oriented with a relentless focus on learning how the system works
- Deep empathy and obsession for delivering an amazing customer experience and for making things more efficient
- 2+ years of management consulting experience (a plus, but not required)
- Lean Six Sigma process improvement experience or certification (or other frameworks)
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Google Suite/MS Office
- Creative problem solving skills. You combine depth of knowledge of software and creativity to deliver easy to use tools.
- You thrive in fast-paced, get-stuff-done environments – and have a proven track-record of juggling multiple priorities and projects
- SalesForce/CRM experience (a plus, but not required)
- Minimum of 2 year experience with customer-facing, customer service organizations
- Experience with change management and ability to influence cross-functional organizations