Employer: UnitedHealth Group
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever peoplde nee it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Join a development team to perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing with a focus on C#/.NET Core and/or Java Spring Boot
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps. These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways. Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Own the build/deploy/release process and find ways to automate and improve our pipeline at every step
- Design reusable components, frameworks, and libraries
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Participate in an Agile / Scrum / Kanban methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks
- Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity
- Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the scrum team
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
- 4+ years of experience building and shipping production software in a scaled distributed environment (preferably in public cloud – AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
- 3+ years of experience with .NET Web Development (.NET Core, C# + HTML/CSS/JS) or similar languages and or 3+ years of experience with Java Web Development (Java + HTML/CSS/JS) or similar languages
- Experience with relational databases, NoSQL databases and Docker
- Commitment to quality, performance, and efficiency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server & DynamoDB
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical colleagues