Employer: UnitedHealth Group
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Join the Personalization team as a Senior Software Engineer focusing on UI where you will build reusable UI components and scalable features that are lightweight and fast for the user. Working within a team comprised of diverse skills, building engaging user interfaces, your work will develop responsive web apps that look and work seamlessly across multiple devices. As part of the Personalization solution, you will report to the Senior Manager of the Campaigns team. We recognize that people come from a diverse set of backgrounds and skills and we welcome all to apply.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build extensible and reusable UI components and scalable features that are lightweight and fast for the user
- Build tooling used internally to manage content displayed on many of our platforms
- Breathe life into static mocks with CSS animations, transitions, and visual effects
- Develop responsive web apps that look and work great across multiple devices
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing, and releasing code
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Solid experience with React
- Experience using RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Experience with CSS, web browsers, HTTP, cookies, caching, and HTML5 web storage
- Experience creating accessible web applications (WCAG 2.0 or 508)
- Good understanding of web performance best practices
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular, Vue or React Native
- Comfortable with Git