What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
To make our dent in the universe, we seek employees with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives that want to build an inclusive, respectful company culture and truly challenge the status quo. We are very deliberate about building a culture focused on selfless-excellence, continuous learning and improvement (2% done) achieved through diversity (balance-for-the-better) and inclusion.
ThoughtSpot’s SRE team is seeking a well-rounded engineer who has a passion for development, automation, and working on complex systems. The right candidate for this position will have good communication as well as technical skills to maximize customer satisfaction. This role is customer-facing and will be responsible for deploying of ThoughtSpot Everywhere, web embedded analytics, with security in mind, software development skills, and operationalize deployments. The ability to work with cross-functional teams in a rapidly growing environment is important.
- Take a customer-first approach in understanding the embed requirements, install, integrate with customer’s environment.
- Build a strong relationship with customer’s developers to successfully launch their embed application.
- Work with customers to help develop secure authentications.
- Develop tools and frameworks for deploy systems, services and applications.
- Solve performance problems and troubleshoot front-end and back-end stack.
- Work with Engineering teams to define, architect and implement tools to enhance debuggability, supportability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Ensure all key services implement metrics, are monitored and raise appropriate alerts.
- Document and write KB articles to enable other teams and enable customers.
- B.Tech. and/or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Prior experience being part of Software development and strong expertise in Cloud Security and/or Cloud Network.
- Proficient in programming in C/C++, Python, Go or Java and familiarity with Kubernetes.
- Proficient in database design.
- Proficient in Cloud Security and Cloud Network.
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code and automate tasks.
- Strong problem solving skills, algorithmic thinking and a strong foundation in how systems should work.
- Understanding of tools & frameworks required to Operate and manage Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in linux, virtualization, DevOps tools and cloud technologies.
- Solid communication skills and ability to work independently.
- DevOps mindset: You are familiar with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts. You treat operational issues as if they are software problems. You view software as a primary tool to manage, maintain, fix and extend systems required to support large development environments. You promote operational excellence!
- Automation: You leverage automation, monitoring and data analysis to ensure high availability (HA) for internal services and infrastructure.
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to troubleshoot in order to get to the best solution.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn’t just the right thing to do for our people, it’s the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ThoughtSpot is the Modern Analytics Cloud company. Our mission is to create a more fact-driven world with the easiest to use analytics platform. With ThoughtSpot, anyone can leverage natural language search and AI to find data insights and tap into the most cutting edge innovations the cloud data ecosystem has to offer. Companies can now put the power of their modern data stack in the hands of every employee, extend the value of their data to partners and customers, and automate entire business processes. ThoughtSpot’s web and mobile applications improve decision-making for every employee. With ThoughtSpot’s developer-friendly platform, customers can also embed consumer-grade analytics into their SaaS offerings or build entirely new interactive data apps that engage users and keep them coming back for more. Organizations like Walmart, BT, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Royal Bank of Canada, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Workato, and Nationwide Building Society rely on ThoughtSpot to transform how their employees and customers take advantage of data.