Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Fuzzy is your pet health partner. On a mission to make pet care more accessible, Fuzzy is a subscription-based service offering members 24/7 Live Vet Chat support, virtual vet consultations, and on-demand answers from a team of licensed, on-staff pet health experts. Fuzzy also offers pet parents vet-tested and recommended products and personalized programs for nutrition, training, and obedience.
Through technology, we’re creating a different type of relationship between pet parents and their veterinary caregivers – one that’s personal, empowering, and focused on improving the lives of animals.
Fuzzy is seeking a Sr Software Engineer, iOS who can visualize and build complex projects, propose new ideas, and is looking to build upon a pioneering modern pet health company. This position will be contributing to our core iOS member experience. We punch above our weight – Our proprietary software has already made an impact in the industry – and we believe technology will be critical to transforming it. This is our moat. This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional. You will work closely with product managers, designers, and other software engineers to build and launch software that exceeds our members’ expectations.
- Build high quality front end user interfaces on native mobile apps to consume or deliver relevant data to our members
- Plan, high-level estimation, requirement analysis with Product Owner, Engineers, and Designers
- Work with a cross-functional team to identify and define features that will solve complex pain points for our pet parents and educate them on improved pet care
- Iterate on ideas quickly from brainstorming sessions, from proof of concept to delivering the final version
- Balance the need to move quickly with establishing & maintaining processes, performance, scalability, and reliability
- Maintain and audit code quality
- Building the right solution to the problem, your opinion matters!
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer science or related field preferred
- 3+ Years of production iOS mobile app development experience
- 2+ Years experience in Swift
- Experience writing unit tests for mobile development
- Experience working with databases and tools is a plus
- Experience in software development for large scale applications including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, and quality assurance is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working knowledge and experience using Agile with Scrum methodology
- Team player as well as self-starter who needs little supervision. Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must love pets!
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Fuzzy, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Fuzzyrs and individuals.