Senior Software Engineer – Integrations (Remote)
at ezCater, Inc
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater’s corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We’re backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to improve the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Our culture values innovation, pragmatism, and transparency. Check out the ezCater Engineering Blog for a glimpse into our culture and team.
As we expand our team we’re seeking engineers that thrive in a forward-thinking organization and are passionate about building products that drive measurable impact, while committing quality code and deconstructing complexities. We are looking for smart, thoughtful, collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering value and impact across our business.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Integrations, you will work as part of our Integrations team to play a pivotal role, in improving reliability and reducing the overall costs of providing food for work, by connecting ezCater seamlessly with our technology and catering partners.
What You’ll Do
- Join a team that is focused on delighting our customers, executing the organization’s mission, and propelling our business forward. Build products utilizing Ruby on Rails and GraphQL.
- Contribute to performance improvements and efficiencies – we believe speed is a feature and core skill.
- Respond to customer and business requests by evolving our existing products and identifying areas that would benefit from new initiatives.
- Decompose problems, design technical solutions and work with other talented engineers to implement, test, and evaluate your team’s work.
- Communicate with your team, product managers, stakeholders and engineering teams to ensure mission clarity, and provide technical direction.
- Improve our customers’ experience by increasing the capability and efficiency of our systems and products; based on research, data and metrics.
- Influence the team’s outcomes and direction by sharing ideas for improving the product, technology and/or process.
- Operate with scale and speed embracing new challenges and contributing to the development lifecycle.
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
What You Have:
- +4 years professional software development experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Exposure to GraphQL is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Experience working with APIs and API first development principles.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- Flexible growth mindset, you’re willing to do what it takes to adapt, and you’re excited to learn a heck of a lot along the way.
- An appetite for learning, experimentation, relentless curiosity and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better.
- A thirst for personal and professional growth.
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition.