GitHub is changing the way the world builds software and we want you to help change the way we build GitHub! We’re looking for a senior software engineer to join a passionate, collaborative, distributed group of engineers working on Github’s analytics product and platform: Insights.
Are you an experienced engineer with a strong desire to work on products that help other engineers get the most out of their day? Do you want to help engineering teams develop new capabilities by leveraging their data more effectively? If so, please join us!
- Be a core contributor of code, tests, and application/data/systems architecture on a global team of engineers working across the stack
- Own both customer and developer happiness for your products in production, working with your own and other teams to build operational transparency and resiliency into every layer of deployed applications
- Coordinate with engineering and product leads to define, prioritize, and task projects that help us meet business objectives
- Work closely with application security teams to close potential abuse vectors before they are introduced into production
- Work closely with Product Management and Design to take ideas from concept to production
- Participate in on-call rotations and respond to incidents as necessary
- Experience building applications in Go, Ruby, Typescript or C#
- Experience with SQL and general database knowledge
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong communication skills. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication!
- Experience with data analytics products
- Experience with RESTful API design and/or GraphQL
- Experience supporting production systems
- Experience working remotely in a distributed company