Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to improve reliability and stability of Webflow’s customer-facing, production infrastructure, serving millions of page views per hour. Our product is used by over 2 million users world-wide across 190 countries, and you’ll help ensure our platform is secure and scalable for these users as tens of thousands of projects are launched on Webflow each month.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Full-time / part-time
- Exempt status
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $130,000 – $178,000 for most US locations and $144,000 – $198,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to Aaron Lidman
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll
- Join our Site Reliability team, which is responsible for infrastructure behind the main Webflow application, as well as the infrastructure required for our hosting plans.
- Empower engineers on other teams to take control of their services by writing shared infrastructure-as-code tooling and collaborating on internal best practices for infrastructure.
- Occasionally dive into the main Webflow application in Node, Python, or Go to better discern (and sometimes fix) behavior in production.
- Work with peers on Webflow’s Customer Support, Partnerships, and Sales teams to enable customers using Webflow’s services in production.
- Participate in and continuously improve on-call and incident response processes.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we’ll help you incorporate them into your role.
- Either a background as an ops engineer with an enthusiasm for code, or a background as a software engineer with an enthusiasm for systems administration.
- 5+ years of experience building, maintaining, and debugging distributed systems in a customer-facing environment that allows for little to no downtime.
- Experience navigating and scaling multi-tier cloud environments on either AWS or GCP.
- Experience with container-centric architectures, built with Docker and tools like Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, AKS, OpenShift, etc.), ECS, Docker Swarm, or Mesos.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience in contributing to full-stack applications built using tools like React, Node, and MongoDB.
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and sponsoring less-experienced engineers.
It would be a bonus if you had even one of the following:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Nginx, Terraform, or Pulumi specifically.
- Experience improving on-call and incident response processes for Engineering.
- Experience working in high-compliance environments or a special interest in security engineering. We are not the security team, but we are always looking to improve our security posture!