Fanatics is building the leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans, and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Leveraging these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as the global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Additional ventures that will build out Fanatics’ footprint across the broader digital sports landscape will be rolled out soon. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 8,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is â€œ#GSDâ€â€”get stuff doneâ€”and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
Fanatics is searching for a Senior Information Security Engineer with significant experience in network, system, and cloud security. This position will be responsible for advising teams on the proper design and implementation of applications and systems in cloud and on-premise environments. This role will also assess design and implementation proposals, evaluate application and system vulnerabilities, monitor environments for security violations, mentor the Security Operations Center team on incident management and digital forensics, and contribute to the selection and implementation of security tools and processes.
Our team members are given a great deal of autonomy in the pursuit of keeping Fanatics secure and a successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills and is expected to be comfortable and effective working independently and as part of a larger, highly distributed team. We’re looking specifically for folks who place an emphasis on usable security. Fanatics is a fast-growing company and our security program needs to be able to keep pace with that growth while not disrupting innovation.
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Design and implementation of enterprise-class security solutions to protect Fanatics and our customers
- Create solutions that balance business needs with company-specific and industry-related requirements and regulations.
- Identifying security-related deficiencies in existing and proposed architectures
- Regularly triage cyber security incidents post-enrichment and respond to events as part of the incident response process
- Automate and integrate workflows between SIEM platforms and on-premise and cloud infrastructure using IaC
- Consult with teams throughout the company around the implementation of security best practices
- Mentoring team members across the security, networking, and system groups with regards to security architecture and fundamental security concepts.
- A minimum 8 years in Information Technology and 5 years of Information Security experience.
- A minimum of 3 years supporting a technically diverse Cardholder Data Environment (CDE) environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in the following areas: cloud security (AWS is required, Azure/GCP is a plus), network segmentation, firewalls
- Demonstrated ability to consult with teams across the organization regarding the integration of security requirements best practices into their workflows and services
- Demonstrated experience in developing enterprise-level security solutions and taking ownership of the implementation of those solutions
- Experience conducting vulnerability scans in on-premise and cloud environments, and managing the tracking and remediation of findings.
- Advanced networking skills, including experience with WAN, Wireless, Firewall, VPN, Proxy and Intrusion Prevention technologies
- Expert level experiencing with scripting automation using Python & Bash. PowerShell experience is a plus
- Experience with security assessment tools for on-premise and cloud environments including vulnerability scanners, encryption and key management software and hardware, logging and alerting systems.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to present findings and summaries of issues to senior management
Experience with and knowledge of:
- Designing secure architectures in accordance with relevant regulatory controls (PCI-DSS, SOC 2, ISO-27001/2, etc.)
- Implementing security solutions in a forward-thinking and user-focused manner. This includes delivering iterative improvements in consultation with the larger Information Security team and other operational support teams
- Enterprise-level 24×7 operational support experience
- Knowledge of web service development and deployment, with a specific focus on microservice-based architectures
- Identity and access management (IAM) concepts and the ability to scale those concepts to an enterprise level.
General skills include:
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, project and team-building skills, including the ability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives in multiple departments
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects
- Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences; the ability to be the enterprise security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (â€œPersonal Informationâ€). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information.Â We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.