Senior SecOps Engineer- Corp Tech- 1079
Location: Charlotte, NC; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Remote
As a Senior Security Operations Engineer, you will be a core player that participates in and leads multiple security efforts. You will bolster and develop our defensive security capabilities, identifying threats to Red Ventures and its brands, developing and implementing countermeasures. You will also proactively identify and assess security risks and advise technical teams on mitigation strategies, all while being a great person to work with. In this role, you are expected to build and grow the skillsets of less experienced engineers on the team and build influence throughout the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Engineer and automate custom detection and response capabilities to combat malicious and/or unwanted behaviors within the environment (enterprise, on-prem, and cloud)
- Stay up to date with TTPs that may apply to Red Ventures and define and implement mitigation techniques to improve our overall risk posture
- Conduct in-depth vulnerability assessments and security auditing of assets
- Exercise incident handling processes across Windows, Mac, Linux and Cloud platforms.
- Develop and improve processes for incident detection and the execution of countermeasures
- Recommend automated and proactive security measures to help improve our security posture
- Support consistent vulnerability management process
- Provide expert consultation on vulnerability risk and remediation to engineering teams
- Work with multiple teams and organizations, translating security and vulnerability requirements into terms both non-technical and technical implementers can use
- Consult with our security compliance team during security audits in order to demonstrate our technical security capabilities
- Mentor other members of the security team to help level-up those around you
- Contribute to the creation and upkeep of runbooks to handle security incidents
- Take part in the Security Operations on-call rotation, including leading all incident response efforts and documentation during your rotation
- Perform basic malware analysis.
- Produce high-quality written and verbal communications, recommendations, and findings to management.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong technical knowledge and deep experience in security logging and monitoring, vulnerability assessment, risk-based analysis, and vulnerability mitigation.
- Experience with the above capabilities in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP a plus)
- Operational experience with Tenable or other vulnerability scanning tools
- Capable of leveraging scripting languages to solve practical day-to-day security challenges
- Good understanding of major security disciplines including defensive, offensive, architecture, engineering & software development
- Strong understanding of targeted attacks and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- Experience conducting or managing incident response for organizations, investigating targeted threats.
- Top-notch problem diagnosis and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.