Title: Senior Project Manager I – Telecommute
Location: United States
Job Category: Project Management
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. That’s what makes this opportunity so applause worthy. We have hundreds of business verticals across our matrixed organizations that are bringing thousands of new ideas, services and products to the marketplace every year. Our goal is simple. Use data and technology to help drive change and make the healthcare system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Project Manager, you’ll be engaged in a complex business model that is highly adaptable to build solutions that meet their customer needs in a competitive and effective way.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead or help develop program or project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders (e.g. program/project charter, Statement of Work, Business Vision Document)
- Work with resource managers to drive the identification of the skills, duration and effort required for successful project execution
- Collect, analyze and maintain financial forecast information (e.g. labor, hardware, software), using input from applicable sources
- Establish/apply quality objectives, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate quality management methods, with stakeholder input (e.g. key performance indicators, scope definition)
- Develop, communicate and implement program/project risk/issue management plans and strategies (e.g. mitigation, avoidance, transfer, acceptance)
This role will challenge your ability to work on complex projects where deadlines and scope shift frequently. You’ll need flexibility, agility and the ability to adapt to change while maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders in a highly cross-matrixed environment.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- PMP Certification
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.