Senior Program Manager, Clinical Outcomes
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health equips over 800 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, as a leading and preferred mental health service. Companies like J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, J.B. Hunt, Bumble, and Instacart use the Spring Health platform to provide mental health services to thousands of their team members globally. We have raised over $370 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, and many more. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2.5 billion.
The Medical Affairs mission is to continually improve and expand our care delivery programs, practices and outcomes as we build precision mental health care for our customers. We are seeking a qualified Senior Program Manager, Clinical Safety / Outcomes, to join our Medical Affairs team. The role will be responsible for oversight and evolution of existing clinical safety and outcome improvement programs while also expanding our capabilities to provide the highest quality care. This role will be a full-time employee role and report directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive Spring Health’s clinical safety strategy across the organization with a broad view of clinical safety across the entire care journey
- Collaboratively effectively and efficiently with the Quality, Provider Operations, Clinical Services, Data Science and Product teams in driving existing and building new clinical safety and quality initiatives to meet required timelines
- Project manage cross-functional tasks and deadlines required to successfully meet internal and client timelines; proactively escalate risks to leadership
- Monitor and evolve our clinical safety / quality KPIs and programs, with the intention of building end-to-end programs or standing up initiatives to improve safety and clinical outcomes that drive the best member experience in the most impactful and scalable ways
- Partner with Strategy, Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to ensure new initiatives are represented appropriately in the market
- Facilitate the integration of new programs into core Operations
- Work closely with data science to build reporting capability to track and action key program processes and clinical outcomes
- Collaborate with clinical teams to create and manage clinical safety policies and procedures that are aligned with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Develop capacity/budget models and advocate for the ops resources needed to support new initiatives
- Support Product in the design and implementation of new technology features needed for key initiatives
What we expect from you:
- You have a deep experience in operations, healthcare, and strategy with a proven ability to think holistically while being deeply analytical and detail-oriented
- You have 5+ years of cross-functional experience in a high-growth startup and/or healthcare systems
- Excellent operational chops with the ability to build, implement, and monitor key clinical processes of care
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence cross-functional teams (clinical and non-clinical) through large improvement initiatives
- Data-driven with demonstrated skills in interpreting clinical data to drive decision making
- Experience in engaging product teams in building clinical care product
- You embody a member > team > individual perspective
- You are a top performer, yet a collaborative and cross-functional leader who thrives in a culture of collaboration, accountability, and entrepreneurship
- You are a self-starter who thrives when given autonomy, with proven ability and a desire to build effective internal and external relationships
- Exceptional at communication: written, verbal, and listening skills
- You obsess about achieving your goals and are relentless in pursuing them
- You value levity, humility, collaboration and deriving fulfillment from success achieved through the work you accomplish with others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and operate effectively in ambiguity
- Strong experience with implementing and utilizing measurement-based care processes in mental health care delivery
- Experience in the digital mental health ecosystem space is preferred
- Experience building new mental health quality metrics that better represent quality and clinical outcomes than traditional measures