Sr. Product Manager: Search/Recs/AI (Remote)
Location: Remote / Home Office, United States of America
Job Id: 5672388003
The Sr. Product Manager Search/Recommendations/AI will drive customer and user experience initiatives for our global Search and Recommendations related pages on all platforms (desktop, Mobile Web and App). This role will be responsible for analyzing data and developing a roadmap to help deliver an optimal localized experience for our global customers. This role requires regular communication with cross functional teams and provides strategies and updates. The Sr. Product Manager is also responsible for the product functionality and usability and to communicate effectively with IT to make sure requirements are met
- Drives the Search and Recommendations user experience for desktop, mobile web and app platforms
- Summarize and analyze findings from user research and customer behavior patterns and create actionable plans to optimize experience for our global customers
- Define product roadmap, manage projects/tasks and communicate updates with all relevant stakeholders
- Prioritize and document product requirements, user stories and designs for feature enhancements for existing and new application modules while considering the needs of customers, competitive market offerings and our overall company strategy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, CX team, designers, and technical teams to understand requirements, define the scope of work and align on vision of the digital experience strategy
- Take an active role in the estimation, sprint planning, daily scrum, and retrospective meetings
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Well versed in e-commerce/web driven companies and understands how to meet customer expectations related to Search, Search Engine Results Pages (SERP), and Product Recommendations for different platforms
- Familiar with Generative AI, large language models, and API integrations
- Strong background in multivariate testing and leveraging data to drive business decisions
- Ability to multitask and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Strong understanding working in Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) environment
- Strong understanding of UX/UI requirements
- Wireframing basic requirements, mock up the general direction
- Excellent written/verbal communication and must work will with others
- Customer first mentality with the knowledge to work with internal groups to make their websites more user friendly
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Generally requires five (5) or more years of Product Ownership within an e-commerce or consumer software setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A Computer Science degree is highly preferred.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required