Senior Product Manager, Internet Insights
San Francisco, CA or Remote
Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a “black box” outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world’s largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500.
ThousandEyes’ pioneered Cloud and Internet Intelligence and is widely known as the ‘Google Maps of the Internet.’ Today, ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world’s largest and fastest-growing brands. The company was acquired by Cisco in August 2020, chartered with continuing to drive leadership in empowering organizations to see, understand, and improve digital experiences everywhere.
About The Team
Digital experiences rely on a vast ecosystem of ISPs, cloud providers, SaaS applications and many other external services that are critically dependent on the Internet. Yet, the complex and interdependent nature of the Internet makes outage detection and troubleshooting performance issues extremely difficult, and no single enterprise can monitor it alone.
The Internet Insights team is working on combining massive data sets with algorithmic outage detection to provide near real-time insights into the SaaS applications and networks. They are building a platform that visualizes internet outages happening all over the world.
Check out our public outage map
About The Role
As a Senior Product Manager at ThousandEyes, you will own the success of the product and our Internet Insights business. You’ll set direction by working directly with customers, and make plans come to life by leading a cross-functional team of design, engineering, and go-to-market. Your mission is to deliver massive customer and business value by shipping the right product at the right time.
- Generate and shepherd creative ideas, both large and small, that bring value to customers and the business.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering and design to ship product experiences that customers love.
- Stay hands-on with customers to keep them happy today, while gaining insight for future ideas.
- Partner closely with go-to-market teams to make sure potential customers understand how the product can benefit them.
- Thoughtfully prioritize to maximize the impact of engineering effort.
- Bring curiosity, positivity, and an entrepreneurial approach to each day.
What We’re Looking For
- Technical Acumen: You will work closely with engineering to understand technical tradeoffs and their impact on the product. Being comfortable in the code is a plus, but not required.
- Product Sense: Our favorite product managers bring together insights from every corner (customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams) to design and build the best product experience.
- Curiosity: The best candidates understand that creativity and growth start with a curious, humble mindset and asking thoughtful questions.
- Ownership: The best product managers take the responsibility of delivering a successful product to heart, and step in wherever needed, even if crossing typical role boundaries; they never shy away from the details nor lose sight of the bigger picture.
- Communication: Effective communication to any audience (company leadership, engineering, customers, and more) is key to success in this role.
- Attitude & Ambition: The best candidates are smart, hard working, competitive, and not afraid to fail. They are team first but willing to take the lead with minimal guidance and supervision.
Apply for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of Product Management experience, ideally with demonstrated success in enterprise/SaaS software productsExperience and/or passion for working with data visualization
- Bonus: have experience scaling a high growth product from early stages (<$5M in ARR) to a larger business ($50M+)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re old (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do you can’t put us in a box! But Digital Transformation is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.