Senior Product Manager Digital Marketing
Location: United States
Who We Are
SPINS is the leading provider of retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting for the Natural, Organic and Specialty Products Industry. We transform raw data into intelligent and actionable business solutions that enable consumers to pursue wellness. At SPINS, we believe data is important, but our people are the real differentiator. That’s why we maintain a culture that is focused on collaboration, flexibility, and open communication.
SPINS help brands and retailer companies reach their customers. We love data and the unique insights our proprietary data can drive. We leverage industry-leading understanding of the Natural, Organic, and Specialty Products Retail Market to generate powerful insights and develop profitable growth solutions for brands and retailers of all sizes.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to be a part of our Consumer Activation team. This team leverages the insights and audiences from SPINS data to better connect consumers with the brands they will love. This role is responsible for bringing new innovative strategies to life and work closely with our platform teams to ensure scalable solutions for growth.
You will work as part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team, gaining and sharing insight with other experienced professionals. You will see many aspects of the SPINS business. You will have a direct impact on SPINS growth and delivering major new capabilities for our customers. You will have ownership and be given incredible opportunity for professional growth.
The ideal candidate will be exceptional in communication, analytic problem solving, and navigating ambiguity. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, can operate within periods of limited guidance, and is a creative problem solver. The candidate will be comfortable working with a distributed team, working with diverse stakeholders and helping everyone stay focused on the right priorities. The candidate will have high standards for themselves and others. They will be constantly looking for ways to improve product performance, quality, and cost.
What You Will Do
- Manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning, research, development to full scale delivery of your products
- Work closely with our partners and vendors to create a world class digital marketing product ecosystem
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to delivery the best products to market
- Own and be an advocate for your product roadmap and backlog
- Drive priorities and requirements for your product and related core platform capabilities
- Plan new builds, engage in design discussions, ensure requirements are well understood, create user stories and acceptance criteria, and provide testing guidance to your team
- Define the business case and justification for new product capabilities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, technology, and UX to deliver world class experiences
- Develop a clear understanding of the supported business domains and SPINS clients
- Understand and articulate the product KPIs, COGS, and profitability of your product
- Collaborate with your peers, teams, and leadership to continuously improve our Product Management practices
What You Bring
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Product Management
- Experience with digital marketing platforms, user activity tracking, and online marketing (targeting, retargeting, etc.)
- Experience translating business and system requirements into user stories
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytic skills
- Strong technical background combined with solid business acumen
- Experience with software development tools (Jira, Aha!, etc.)
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Proven leadership ability in leading a cross functional team of engineers
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Prior experience in retail or brand marketing
- Working with legal teams regarding marketing practices, governance, or privacy policies
- Launching new products
- Vendor management
- Working with big data
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members. Whether you are based at our Chicago headquarters or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- We embrace hybrid and remote work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and team SPINS Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.