Title: Senior Product Manager
Varsity Tutors is looking for data-driven, customer-focused, learning-obsessed individuals to join us on our mission to help people learn. We’re seeking an experienced Sr. Product Manager who can tackle a wide range of opportunities and problems that should be solved with technology. We believe one of the most important functions of a PM is to determine which opportunities deserve to be pursued, why, when, and how and then work relentlessly to drive the right progress. Using customer insights, data, and information, PMs at Varsity Tutors apply the scientific method to product development: observation – question – hypothesis and prediction – test – measure – learn – iterate.
The ideal candidate is adept at breaking down complex problems, crafting effective solutions, and working with cross-functional teams–engineering, design, marketing, sales, operations, and data science–to improve customer experience and deliver business results. Successful PMs have strong analytical acumen, are driven by intellectual curiosity and customer focus, are energized by creating order out of ambiguity, and are skilled communicators who can lead teams to see the future, then execute with excellence.
- Use data and information, both qualitative and quantitative, to analyze and deeply understand customer and business needs in a given area
- Drive product vision, strategy, technical requirements, and ultimately deliver on desired timelines
- Evaluate new product opportunities (both buy and build solutions) and bring forward proposals and influence to expand product and business capabilities
- Build requirements and backlog and continuously prioritize to ensure we’re addressing the right problems and opportunities at the right time with the right level of fidelity (MVP vs scaled solution)
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to build, test, measure, and drive results, including engineering, data science, design, marketing, sales, operations, and executive leadership
- Proactively define and track project or program success metrics that ladder to output metrics, set targets, and inspect and measure, and adjust as appropriate as new information is available.
- Lead, plan, and conduct periodic written business reviews with business partners and leadership team
- Conduct competitive research and analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred. Computer science background is a plus.
- 3+ years of product management and/or business leadership experience, preferably in managing an entire development cycle (conception through launch)
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience getting and using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Self-starter with a strong bias for action and the ability to drive results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with high attention to detail
- Experience with agile and working closely with designers and engineers to drive feature definition and implementation
- Excellent collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
- SQL proficiency preferred
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO (“volunteer time off” to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our online classes
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)