Senior Product Designer, Rewards
Location: Remote US
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Rewards design team. The Rewards program is Consumer Product’s top priority at Affirm, and is critical to drive more engagement for both our consumers and merchants. Our focus is to create world-class experiences for our customers. You have demonstrated breadth of designing and shipping product experience leveraging your superpower of creating delightfully simple experiences to improve a user’s relationship with the feature they are using. You know visuals and the experiences from pixels to words, and are relentless about improving the products people love to use. This all results in a win-win-win for our users, merchants and Affirm.
You partner well with cross-functional teams to ensure cohesion across the technology and enjoy driving change for the design team and the products we build.
What you’ll do:
- Execute designs across Affirm to create a best in class Rewards experience for our customers
- Work through complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Support with prioritization of short term to long term results-oriented work that drives impact
- Partner closely with product management, engineering, research, content to execute delightful experiences
- Foster an inclusive environment
- Leverage operational rigor for design through planning, principles, and frameworks to drive alignment
- Design and ship high quality product improvements
What we look for:
- 5+ years experience in product or user experience design focused roles from mobile to desktop
- Thoughtful approach to the craft of design informed by user needs at scale
- Ability to turn ambiguous direction into clear conceptual solutions solving for a user need and the business with limited direction
- Platform level approach to experience design that will enable multiple teams to use your solutions
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Knows how to holds a bar for executional craft with balancing shipping to learn
- Self sufficient and uses leadership and peers to seek out feedback and ideas
- Ability to scope and plan projects and accountable for artifacts and deliverables
- Experience with working with and contributing to a design system
- Passionate about better ways to improve personal finance through technology
- A demonstrated portfolio thinking strategically across multiple product and platform experiences and shipping successful in-app/web experiences in a fast-paced environment with impact and outcomes. (Required)
Location – Remote U.S.
Grade – USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
If you got this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this role. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who believe in Affirm’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.