You’ll be working remotely from anywhere in the US.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you’ll get to do…
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be a fundamental member of our Product Design team working alongside some of the best product, engineering, design, and marketing talent. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team and help entrepreneurs around the world build, manage, and grow their business. You will be working on our commerce offering – shaping the experiences of tomorrow across GoDaddy.
The Payments Platform is a global financial services platform for serving sellers and partners across the GoDaddy ecosystem. It provides what is necessary to manage identity and risk, process payments across multiple channels in person and online, hold and transfer funds, provide financial capabilities, accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Payments Platform team, you will drive design execution for building payments experiences that help our partners and merchants get paid whether selling online, through marketplaces or in person.
Commerce is one of GoDaddy’s top initiatives, so you’ll contribute to a growing team and product suite. You will be joining a group comprised of product, design and engineering leaders who share a passion for innovative products and services that help entrepreneurs and small businesses build and grow their businesses, selling online and in person.
- Craft Engaging Experiences – Support the customers’ needs and our business objectives by solving problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- Communicate and Collaborate – You understand technical limitations, where to take liberties and how to communicate with engineers, product managers, designers, researchers, and writers across different teams and offices.
- Design for Scale – Create experiences across multiple touch points, mediums, products, regions and customers without sacrificing consistency and simplicity.
- Prototype, Test, Iterate – Be comfortable concepting, working in low fidelity and high fidelity as well as testing, learning and iterating on designs.
- Define & Document – Create artifacts that articulate our users needs, product principles and design details necessary to bring something to life with our engineers.
- Mentor, Lead, Inspire – Your team, other designers, and the larger GoDaddy design community.
- Contribute and Invest – In our growing design community as well as customer research and discovery activities.
Your experience should include…
- 5+ years experience in delivering products to market with a proven track record
- A rock-solid portfolio that demonstrates skills in user experience and a proven track record of delivering products to market
- Strong design and prototyping skills
- Experience collaborating with multi-functional teams including product, engineering, and end user groups.
- Expert communicator who can encourage and sell a vision.
- Deep understanding of design tools like: Sketch, Figma, Framer, InVision.
- Ability to think through complicated design systems and challenge existing constraints
- A passion for small businesses.
You might also have…
- Experience building software for customer experience or service design industries
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, or equivalent
- Experience with micro-interactions and animations
- Experience with UX writing, micro-copy and why content is important
- Ecommerce, POS or Fin-tech experience
- Experience working with complex information architecture and navigation challenges
- Ability to plan, scope and deliver work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts to a broad team of Designers, Engineers and Product Managers
- Ability to take complex problems and crystalize them into actionable items
- Experience working with, contributing to and managing design systems
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior designers on the team
- Ability to work independently and autonomously to deliver on goals
- Experience with user experience and usability testing
We’ve got your back… Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.