Title: Senior Product Designer – Metacritic & GameSpot
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer and critical thinker to join our growing Product Design Team. You’ll play an instrumental role in developing core consumer-facing products for a large and diverse audience. You’ll join a team creating user-centered, digital experiences that help exciting brands like Metacritic and GameSpot enable passionate fans to discover and enjoy their next amazing entertainment experience.
This role calls for a passionate individual who is highly skilled in design thinking, user-centered design processes, and interface design. The right candidate for this role will be highly-organized and collaborative; with a passion for solving problems cross-functionally. But you won’t do it alone you’ll have a collaborative cross-disciplinary team of designers, writers, engineers, product managers and researchers to support you.
What You’ll Do:
- Redesign the future of Metacritic and GameSpot – everything from navigation and discovery solutions to product pages, articles + reviews, galleries and other innovative new consumption experiences. Leverage contemporary design aesthetics and best practices to improve usability and performance along the way.
- Collaborative frequently with the design team, product managers, engineers, researchers and editorial staff to develop and refine features. This includes user flows, screen flows, wireframes, visual designs, sketches, prototyping, and developer specs.
- Communicate and present your work, aligning stakeholders and explaining your creative process.
- Maintain and contribute to a scalable design system.
- Lead, mentor and train less experienced talent while developing followership and respect among teammates at all levels.
- Be autonomous and take full ownership of your work every step of the way.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience working on consumer-facing products.
- You have a strong visual portfolio or PDF to reflect that work – supported by a track record of launching real-world products with clear user and business success results to point to.
- You have experience working in a cross-functional team.
- Strong understanding of both UI and UX best practices.
- You have a solid visual design sense and clean command over interaction design, typography, and usability.
- You have experience collaborating, iterating, and testing with Product and Engineering to discover solutions that exceed user expectations.
- A passion for movies, games and entertainment is always a plus!