About the Role
The Design team is the creative force responsible for the Evernote user experience and interface, from sign-up to creating the thousandth note. We work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define and deliver delightful experiences that enhance people’s lives at work and at play.
As a Product Designer focused on the Capture experience, you will solve the problem of helping people get raw information and ideas out of their minds and out of the world and into Evernote. This includes design for the heart of Evernote, the editing experience, the integration of Calendars, as well as the popular cross-platform Web Clipper product. You’ll directly impact the experience of our mobile and desktop products, evolving existing features and defining transformative new concepts. You’ll also contribute to the global design language, helping to deliver a more coherent experience to tens of millions of users all over the world.
What you will do
- Be a thoughtful voice for our users. Constantly thinking about new and improved use cases and features that will appeal to our users
- Create high level user stories, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets
- Provide and solicit actionable feedback to designers and product work partners to solve problems and move designs forward
- Define innovative user interactions that result in improved user engagement and productivity
- Drive a high level of visual fidelity across products.
- Be nimble. You will be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements.
Requirements and Skills
- Experience designing engaging user experiences for web and native apps and familiarity with related design patterns ( i.e. Android [Material Design] and/or iOS [Human Interface Guidelines] )
- Eagerness to take initiative and ownership of projects
- A strong sense of visual/UI design and typography
- Ability to prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required
- Ability to define a POV on how design solutions achieve user and business goals; excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience working closely with other designers, product managers/marketers and developers
- Proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences
- A complete portfolio featuring examples of product design outcomes
- Experience with Figma strongly preferred, but not required
- B.A./B.S. in design, HCI, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant product experience