Senior Product Designer – Customer Experience
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable.
We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
As a proud Pledge 1% company, we’re committed to leveraging our product, partnerships, and people to drive positive social impact through Lob.org, and are on a mission to make direct mail more sustainable.
We offer remote working opportunities, unless otherwise described in the job description, in AZ, CA, CO, DC, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NV, NY, OR, PA, TX, UT, and WA. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
Senior Product Designer – Customer Experience
Lob automates direct mail for modern businesses. Since 2015, more than 10,000 companies have used Lob’s APIs to move faster and create new growth opportunities. We’re on a mission to connect the world one mailbox at a time.
Now we’re looking for a stellar designer to help drive this next chapter of growth with us.
As a Senior Product Designer within the Product team, you will have the unique opportunity to lead the design and experience of our web app that customers will use to send mail.
What you’ll do:
- Design the UI & UX for new customer-facing product features within the Lob.com dashboard that will delight our customers and intuitively drive them to send mail with confidence.
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and business teams to find elegant, but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Contribute to discovery of new initiatives through research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows etc.. and help define the problem and solutions.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with a sharp eye, ensuring that spacing, layout, images, font styles and general experience is flawless and on-brand. The smallest pixel tweak or subtle animation addition will make the difference.
- Ensure there’s consistency in design and continue dialing in Lob’s design system.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience designing UI/UX for digital products with modern interfaces
- We use Figma for design at Lob, so proficiency with Figma, or willingness to quickly learn Figma, is a must.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UI/UX design for digital products to end users.
- A designer who is growth-minded and constantly inspiredmotivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do. Able to take feedback well and has empathy for our customers.
- A problem solver who is excited by new challenges and regularly coming up with new ideas that address our users’ needs.
- Ability to produce high quality sketches, wireframes, interactive prototypes, pixel-perfect visual designs, style guides and more.
- Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling skills. We’re a collaborative bunch!
Additional Information: *Colorado only – salary $123,250.00 – $129,625.00 offer includes benefits, equity, 401K
Additional Information: *New York only – salary $137,750.00 – $144,875.00 offer includes benefits, equity, 401K
We’re not just building a platform to make the world programmable. We’re also designing a great place to work, and a ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time off to support the organizations you care most about
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend) for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Free lunch, snacks and dinner when working at our San Francisco office
- Dog-friendly San Francisco office
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer andÂ values diversityÂ ofÂ backgrounds and perspectivesÂ to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including theÂ San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.