Senior Product Designer
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem; Optimism’s network improves Ethereum’s performance by orders of magnitude. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation. We believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
We are hiring a Senior Product Designer to help us shape the future. In this role, you’ll own projects end to end and build design foundations that will be iterated on. You’ll join a small team of designers and work cross-functionally, building alongside engineering, product, and governance teams.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Set design direction and own complex projects with minimal oversight
- Drive rigorous design decisions by going wide in explorations or going deep in design details
- Balance product and business goals with user needs to generate design exploration
- Participate in user research to understand the problem space and inform solutions
- Gather context and share knowledge cross-functionally, leveraging written and video communication as needed to pitch ideas
- Share the responsibility of improving the product, design, and engineering workflow; help us iterate on how we coordinate and ship
What skills do you bring?
- You have 5+ years of product design experience
- You love collaborating with product and engineering to deliver clean user experiences
- You champion design systems and reusable components through product design execution
- You gather lots of feedback to drive your designs
- You strive for quality in design execution
- You leverage research insights and data in your design decisions
- You enjoy diving into the details, polishing, and refining
- You are a champion of context-gathering and knowledge-sharing
- You are super fluent with Figma
- Bonus: You are comfortable with front-end code
- Bonus: You have experience in web3
- Bonus: You have site design experience and enjoy creative design projects