Title: Senior Product Designer
Location: Irvine CA US, San Jose CA US, San Diego CA US, Bellevue WA US
Job Category: Other
Job Type: fulltime
What you’ll be doing…
As a Principal UX/UI Designer, you’ll partner with other design leads to identify and set product design strategy through user testing and customer empathy, envision complex UX ecosystems, build compelling visual designs and inspire product teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes and collaborate with leaders of UX, PM and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across the BlueJeans product ecosystem.
You will provide design, testing strategy, and direction to create elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows. You will also take time to understand performance side of design and the business aspects of the products.
- Deliver industry-leading UX for the next generation of video and audio communication, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates that actualize the larger vision over time.
- Lead user interviews and testing to gain key insight to improve our products.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside their core product team to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive and well-informed.
- Set new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Advocate for users in a fast-paced, corporate climate, imparting day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering.
Where you’ll be working:
This is a work from home role with occasional in-person meetings and training.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in UX Design.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience leading design teams on a project basis.
- Strong visual design.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work that highlights user testing with samples for desktop, web, and mobile applications.
- Proven track record of building simple and highly successful onboarding experiences.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Experience in health care.
- Experience designing video and/or audio communication products.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.