Senior Product Designer
Remote (US only)
About the Role
FireHydrant is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our team. In this role, you’ll be building tools used by developers to solve some of their most stressful reliability problems. You’ll work across multiple platforms–web and mobile UIs, chat–to create usable, accessible, and beautiful interfaces to our products.As our second Designer at the company, you will be embedded in a collaborative and fun cross-functional team dedicated to crafting the best-in-class incident management product.
The work you’ll do
- Collaborating with product managers and engineers to define problems, map user flows, prototype solutions, design, and launch new products and features.
- Creating an environment of trust, feedback, and continuous improvement through collaboration with your Engineering and Product teammates.
- Participating in an iterative, product-led environment by sharing work in progress, getting feedback, testing and validating with users, and implementing improvements.
- Contributing to our design system by creating and refining reusable components and patterns.
- Facilitating design and feedback sessions across the team and with users.
- Developing strong empathy for our users by being their advocate through feedback, testing, and research.
What we’re looking for
- Extensive product design experience and a track record of shipping quality products with in-house teams.
- Experience collaborating with and working alongside engineers in a cross-functional team setting.
- Ability to express your ideas and concepts in several different mediums – sketches, wireframes, prototypes, or code.
- Strong visual design aesthetic and is able to create new patterns and work from existing ones.
- Proficient in Figma and eagerness to learn about the latest tools and technologies to support the design process.
- Comfortable working in a very technical environment – previous experience working on developer tools is great, but not required.
- Hands-on experience working with production-level codebases. You don’t need to be a developer, but you should be comfortable working in GitHub and React.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey ideas and concepts to teammates and stakeholders.
- Committed to growing and learning together with teammates. You’re not afraid to say when you don’t understand something and you are always willing to help others.
- Ability to define and measure success, implement feedback, and iterate to improve.
- Thrives in a fast-paced product-led technology company, communicates well both synchronously and asynchronously, and has experience working on a distributed team.
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio or other platform that highlights your work.
- Your resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile.
FireHydrant is the only full-cycle incident management platform that drives reliability. It replaces siloed knowledge, disparate tools, and homegrown processes with a fully automated, customizable platform that makes it simple to efficiently and consistently respond to incidents — and ultimately, to learn from them. That’s why companies like Spotify, Snyk, and 1Password choose FireHydrant to build and scale their incident management programs.
Backed by Menlo Ventures, Work-Bench, and Salesforce Ventures, our 50 (and growing!) team members are building the future of reliability from remote offices around the US. Join us.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first, with employees living and working around the US, while our physical headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- 1x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams, we gather another 1-2x per year, depending on the safety of such a gathering and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly; we welcome ideas and contributions regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity, and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per year, with sustainable working hours and a healthy work/life balance
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile based on compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage and everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The compensation for this position is $175,000.
- Applicants MUST include a portfolio when applying. This doesn’t need to be formal, but should showcase your recent work and/or design process. Please include any login information for private portfolios.
- FireHydrant requires that all newly hired employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations provided based on medical need or religious belief.
- All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.