Title: Senior Product Designer
Location: United States
Remote Work. We know the best work doesn’t always happen in person. Our people have the choice to work from wherever they do their best work. For some of us that means our homes, while others prefer to use our office in Boston (the Seaport). With flexible working locations and hours, we support Robinauts across the US.
Robin is the hybrid workplace company. Since 2014, we’ve empowered people to do their best work by building tech solutions that fuel vibrant workplace experiences. Our platform redefines work and community building for hybrid companies everywhere. It is our mission to empower people to do great work and foster a sense of community regardless of location.
What We’re Looking For:
The Robin Design team is working hard to explore, define, and build the experience that powers the next generation of the workplace. We want system thinkers who can identify patterns to the root cause. Then, apply that thinking to build systems that span the virtual and physical workplaces.
Sound interesting? Keep reading!
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be on the Communications Product Team, creating and leading the experience. You will be the designer to deliver impactful communication tools that allow workplace admins and managers to communicate with their teams.
Areas you will focus on:
- Explore solutions to advance our indoor maps to reflect who is working together and what’s happening at the office – think Google Maps for the office.
- Help build a live view of the office that tells a story of the day and helps employees navigate the hybrid office
- Identify UX debt within our product and find meaningful ways to solve it
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to shape large-scale visions for product areas
- Break down large-scale design visions into shippable slices over several sprints
- Lead design thinking on a scrum team and regularly moderate team brainstorm sessions
- Communicate and share often in written, verbal, and visual forms to create alignment and move the work towards implementation
- Think in a systemized way to solve problems with the fewest amount of parts
- Facilitate design exercises to help define problems alongside product managers, designers, and engineers
- Lead frequent user research and usability testing to validate concepts
- Design and ship high-quality features and workflows that are simple and intuitive
- Contribute to advancing the Design team’s process, culture, and design system. We want to learn from you – bring your career experience to Robin.
What we look for in you:
- Experience solving high-level, platform-wide problems that require you to define and solve iteratively
- Experience understanding data and finding the best way to visualize that data
- Worked at a software or SaaS company with 4+ years of experience
- Think in systems to build a cohesive experience across the platform
- You can distill complex problems to their simplest form to help define problems
- Are skilled in clearly explaining your work and design decisions to designers, product managers, and engineers
- Care about UI details as much as you do UX flows
- Have an innate curiosity to dig into customer problems and find simple ways to solve problems
- Comfortable sharing work early and often. We work collaboratively to mitigate gaps, gain alignment and create momentum
- Friendly, open-minded team player
Sharing your portfolio is strongly encouraged!
– Medical & Dental Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield covered at 100% for employee-only plans and 85% for family members.
– Vision Insurance offered through EyeMed
– Company sponsored 401k with up to a 3% match
– Incentive Stock Options
– 100% Paid Parental Leave
– Unlimited vacation time (that we actually use!)
– 12 company holidays
– Work from Anywhere
– Monthly Hybrid Stipend Program
– Equipment Stipend
– Weekly Meal Stipend through DoorDash
– Professional Development Stipend
– Talent Referral Program
– Recognition perks through Blueboard
– Travel to HQ for Remote Employees