Senior Product Designer (Design Systems)
New York, NY / Remote
Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
Sotheby’s is currently searching for a Senior Product Designer to join our cross-disciplinary digital product team in New York City that provides design excellence across our digital products focused on luxury e-commerce, auctions and art. We are looking for a lead designer with experience designing mobile apps and websites for luxury brands, e-commerce, and marketing. This role also extends to developing a vision for products utilizing AR/VR, installations, and other forms of hybrid experiences. We value team players that can lead and mentor other designers.
- Leading product teams and providing deliverables through the entire UX/UI design lifecycle (research, design, test and delivery).
- Collaborate with product designers and owners on creating best-in-class products.
- Deliver final UI design specs for our mobile app, responsive website, internal tools, and other digital product needs.
- Lead and maintain our Design System UI patterns and style guides.
- Review work of other designers to ensure consistency of UX/UI across products.
- Mentor other designers and provide constructive feedback.
- Help us define a design culture for our teams, as part of a larger digital transformation effort across the company.
- Working with team leadership to advance the practice of UX and Product Design within the company.
- College degree or proven education in Graphic Design, UX/UI, Product Design, Web Design or similar fields.
- 6+ years of experience designing web and mobile products.
- Excellent portfolio of work for multiple clients and industries.
- Strategic thinking; an ability to see the big picture and tell a story that helps convey the vision.
- Attention to detail and consistency.
- Strong understanding of accessibility as it applies to design.
- Experience using, contributing to, and documenting design systems for products.
- Strong understanding of iOS, Android SDK and HCI guidelines for mobile design.
- Knowledge of front-end UI coding tools (HTML5, CSS, JS, GitHub) and an appetite for staying current on technology trends.
- Experience working with Figma (our main design tool), Sketch, InVision.
- Ability to produce motion design prototypes in After Effects, Principal, Hype or similar tools.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills. You are a self-starter and an ambassador of design.
- You are a good team player that thrives in the multidisciplinary nature of this work.
- Experience working in branding, advertising, copy, or creative direction is a plus.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.