Senior Product Designer
Product Management Labor ANYWHERE USA, Colorado
Swimlane’s Product team is growing, and we’re searching for an insatiably curious, experienced Senior Product Designer to help us create a market-leading product, built by a tight-knit team. You’ll be a core member of the design team and will work closely with product management, engineering and customer success to solve relevant and challenging problems in the cybersecurity industryto deliver meaningful impact to our customers through empowering experiences.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading complex design projects and ensure quality throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Creating user flows, information architecture documents, wireframes and sketches, interactive Figma prototypes, and high-definition visual designs using our design system
- Sharing ownership of our design system, and contributing to its growth and efficacy
- Collecting feedback, data, and insights, and iteratively incorporating them into your designs
- Participating in design critiques and stakeholder reviews, leading user interviews, and administering user testing
- Employing design thinking and questioning techniques to develop strategies and execution plans where pathways are not always obvious
- Advocating for the importance of the user experience throughout the organization, and building an enthusiasm for our craft with everyone you come into contact with
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to have the voice of design represented
- Interacting with Product Marketing to have visibility into our competitors
We’re searching for someone who:
- Ideally has 6+ years of experience designing digital products, beyond websites. Experience working with enterprise-level products or security software is a big plus
- Has experience on a product team, and has worked alongside product managers and engineers
- Has a strong portfolio that backs up your ability to think and design at a high level.
- Is Proficient with Figma (our tool of choice), Sketch, XD, or other experience design software.
- Possesses impressive communication skills, and understands that the most impactful ideas are only as good as our ability to express them
- Has a deep sense of empathy and compassion, and has a people-centric mentality
- Is one with UX principles and heuristics, and you utilize them to articulate design decisions.
- Have a drive to break apart complexity and comprehend the pieces
- Is not one to say, that’s not my job. You take ownership and understand the importance of having follow-through
- Is a good human. You align to our core value of having honesty and integrity, you’re humble, and treat others with respect.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to learn from others, and you take the time to share your knowledge
- Craves collaboration, and pursues the thoughts of others to validate your thinking
- Is resilient, and embraces change
- Sweats the details, but you don’t wait for a design to be perfect to get feedback.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Swimlane, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
Who we are, and what we offer:
Swimlane is a rapidly growing, innovative startup that provides cloud-scale, low-code security automation for organizations of all industries and sizes. Our technology is relied upon by major security-forward companies around the globe and we are consistently rated as the #1 trusted low-code security automation platform. Our mission is to prevent breaches and enable continuous compliance via a low-code security automation platform that serves as the system of record for the entire security organization.
What’s the best thing about working at Swimlane? If you ask the team, they’ll tell you it’s the people. Swimlaners are innovative, collaborative and driven by the purpose of revolutionizing the way security teams automate and respond to alerts. Headquartered in beautiful Louisville, Colorado, directly between Denver and Boulder, Swimlane’s staff spans 28 states and 16 countries!
The Perks of being a Swimlaner
- Competitive Benefits & Compensation
- Equity & 401k Contributions
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Training & Professional Development Opportunities
- Laptop of your choice
- A hybrid work environment with remote options and flexible hours
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Great Company Culture
- We value collaboration and innovation
- Give-back Volunteering Opportunities
- Team volunteer days in the local community
Here at Swimlane, our core focus is to Automate the World of Security and we strive to represent our five core values in everything we do:
- Punch above your weight class – We make the most of our circumstances and constantly surprise and impress with our ability to deliver.
- Be a happy innovator – The hard problems are the fun problems to solve, we’re excited to take on difficult challenges and find creative solutions.
- Always be leveling up – We are continuously improving, embracing change, and consuming information to better ourselves and each other.
- Move at the speed of WOW – We work with an extreme sense of urgency, but we never compromise quality.
- Have honesty and integrity in all the things’ – We make decisions with the best of intentions, doing what is right for as many stakeholders as possible.
This is a REMOTE position.